MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Considering how deep 155 is i dont mind it at all. The worry with more divisions is watering down belts

the belt thing isnt even an issue to me... ultimately i hope the new division helps some of these fringe weight fighters choose a proper weight class to fight in which in turn i think might reduce some of the camp injuries/weight cut backouts

1 hour ago, driftwood said:

the belt thing isnt even an issue to me... ultimately i hope the new division helps some of these fringe weight fighters choose a proper weight class to fight in which in turn i think might reduce some of the camp injuries/weight cut backouts

In theory it will do that but there will still be someone fighting at WW that cuts a decent amount and wants a competitive advantage and will try to drop to 165

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In theory it will do that but there will still be someone fighting at WW that cuts a decent amount and wants a competitive advantage and will try to drop to 165

Or someone at middle that drops to ww when they add five pounds to ww. 

It would be a pretty big shake up. Maybe have this division and a 230ish division have championship fights on 230.

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do we need a 230ish division? HW is fine as is imo 

I would prefer hw being 230ish and the super hw after that. I dont know if there enough guys to support a super hw. Also i think a lot of lhw could go into 230. Just the shuffle of guys alone would be interesting. 

It is interesting though having such a huge weight differences in some of the fights.

34 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I would prefer hw being 230ish and the super hw after that. I dont know if there enough guys to support a super hw. Also i think a lot of lhw could go into 230. Just the shuffle of guys alone would be interesting. 

It is interesting though having such a huge weight differences in some of the fights.

I know there is a huge weight difference but I dont want things getting higher than 265. We already have a problem with the big uglies gassing after 2 minutes