All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

That and, dude was marking out for Lucha Underground guys.  I've stood next to Pentagon and he's 5'10" if he's lucky (probably closer to 5'8" and change), his eyes came up to RVD's nose when I saw them wrestle.

Brian Cage is yolked and filled out like nobody's business... he's also shorter than Shawn Michaels.  Mil Muertas, about all of 6'1," but go back and look at him when he was Judas Mesias in TNA and facing Abyss and Abyss made him look tiny.

Ciampa is the same size as the Briscoe brothers, same size as pre-pudge Jay Lethal, same height as AJ Styles, same size as Christopher Daniels.

I mean, I'm not sure people appreciate how short Eddie Guerrero actually was.  He was 5'8"; dude's shoulder fit comfortably under Benoit's armpit... and Benoit was AJ/Jericho's height.

LU was completely different. They were able to sell it off better due to balance throughout the roster. Maybe when WWE finishes shifting that direction it will make more sense. But I recall when young and Billy Gunn was a powerhouse, but looked like standard dude size on the roster. When he was by all intentions a beast of a fellow that would look stout against Braun and be looking down on what WWE considers their "Big Dog".

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

5'8 190lb guys like Ciampa are hard to find? 2 consecutive neighbors to my right fill that bill. But ones a good 240 and wide as a fridge. The other military.

HHH is 6 foot. With never being billed as more than 6'1.

016b2-1524178889-800.jpg

In what world was Hunter never billed higher than 6'1"?  He was always billed as 6'4" dating back to when he was Terra Rizing.OMCqz2X.jpg

For crying out loud, Hunter is the same height as Brock and Brock sure as hell isn't any 6'1".  

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'll say this.  Cole's dead fish reading of the script factoids on each other the guys during HHH's promo aside, this isn't a bad way to expose Vince to some of these guys (and hopefully avoid the future run-ins of him bringing them up and then being frustrated with their actual size - like he was with Revival).  A better crowd than Lafayette and at the very least the entrances of Aleister and Ricochet probably get better responses.  I do agree it would have been better if they just hadn't announced which guys were debuting to leave some mystery to it, but this was used to try and carry viewers on throughout the show to boost ratings.  So I get it.

I miss the old school promos about guys coming. Last time I believe that was done correctly was for Bray. Dont know why they didnt try such for Alister with his "Fade to Black". Could have been running promos since start of the year and built up to a grand showcase premiere.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

In what world was Hunter never billed higher than 6'1"?  He was always billed as 6'4" dating back to when he was Terra Rizing.OMCqz2X.jpg

For crying out loud, Hunter is the same height as Brock and Brock sure as hell isn't any 6'1".  

john-cena-7.jpg

Cena said himself he was 6 foot flat. But could reach 6'1 in a nice pair of sneakers.

Edit to say: I was reading something I googled saying HHH wasnt billed more than 6'1 because he wasnt even 6'1. Silly me trusting the internet. lol

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

LU was completely different. They were able to sell it off better due to balance throughout the roster. Maybe when WWE finishes shifting that direction it will make more sense. But I recall when young and Billy Gunn was a powerhouse, but looked like standard dude size on the roster. When he was by all intentions a beast of a fellow that would look stout against Braun and be looking down on what WWE considers their "Big Dog".

Billy Gunn also roided like nobody's business during the AE (or did you think he suddenly just hit a growth spurt between the Smoking Gunns/Rockabilly era and when he was Bad *** Billy?  Billy also wasn't "normal size" he was still on the lighter size of the powerhouse build for the AE (he was taller than Hunter, waay taller than Shawn, I mean hell, he was taller than Chuck Palumbo.

With the crackdown on roids finally being legit (due to the health issues suffered by guys who were using them) and they don't have the ability to draw guys out of college football like they used to in the territory days (when a lot of the Attitude Era guys actually got their start) because pro football pays a lot better now than it did back then.  I mean, hell, Strowman's only 6'8" which is Taker's current height (and Taker's only shrunk with old age maybe an inch or two - which yes... that happens to people as they age, especially if they carry weight).

29 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

john-cena-7.jpg

Cena said himself he was 6 foot flat. But could reach 6'1 in a nice pair of sneakers.

Edit to say: I was reading something I googled saying HHH wasnt billed more than 6'1 because he wasnt even 6'1. Silly me trusting the internet. lol

You do realize that, as I just indicated above, that as you age you get shorter from where you were in your prime, right?  It starts happening right around age 40.  Hunter is pushing 50.  I mean, look at Flair now (he's a clear 3-plus inches shorter than Hunter is and in Flair's late prime he stood only 2-3 inches shorter than Hogan and Hogan was a legit 6'6".  Vader was billed at 6'5", but by the time he reached WWF he was barely taller than Austin (who has never been taller than 6'2').  

Remember when Sting and Vader used to be nearly nose to nose?    yeah, well here's Sting at his HOF induction:

vince_sting_triple_h.png?strip=all&w=700

Or, you know, you use a picture that's shot from an actual flat angle looking straight on at them and not at an upward angle or with one of them leaning into the other.

ofX0tJR.jpg

Hunter's 40 in this picture and still not standing straight up; he's hunched forward, but that pretty much became his standard posture as soon as he entered the Ruthless Aggression era and put on more weight (yes, likely using something more than just "supplements") to go up to "main eventer" level.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Billy Gunn also roided like nobody's business during the AE (or did you think he suddenly just hit a growth spurt between the Smoking Gunns/Rockabilly era and when he was Bad *** Billy?  Billy also wasn't "normal size" he was still on the lighter size of the powerhouse build for the AE (he was taller than Hunter, waay taller than Shawn, I mean hell, he was taller than Chuck Palumbo.

With the crackdown on roids finally being legit (due to the health issues suffered by guys who were using them) and they don't have the ability to draw guys out of college football like they used to in the territory days (when a lot of the Attitude Era guys actually got their start) because pro football pays a lot better now than it did back then.  I mean, hell, Strowman's only 6'8" which is Taker's current height (and Taker's only shrunk with old age maybe an inch or two - which yes... that happens to people as they age, especially if they carry weight).

No LBC. I thought Billy Gunn came out the womb with 21 inch arms, sporting a cowboy hat and doing a Suck It chop.

And your HHH shrinking basic biology jibberish is doing Ciampa no favors, since thats what we were talking about. So youre trying to say, with a shrunken HHH, that Ciampa might not even be 5'8 in the picture?

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Triple-h-vs-john-cena+(3).jpg

13 years ago. Both about as strait up as you can find them. HHH likely has an inch or little more on him. HHH was 36, Cena 28.

HHH has shrunk with age. And is hunched a little.

623d4ba829b2383e27365f83e24452e4.jpg

Eyeline comes up to Hunter's mouth.  That's the same height as Daniel Bryan.

It is what it is.  Between Camera angles (which they've used to make guys look bigger for years) and positioning, they can make guys look bigger than they actually area.

I mean, if you're disappointed in the height of Ciampa and Gargano, you're going to be really disappointed in the size of Pete Dunne.  But Pete Dunne works, legitimately like Chris Benoit reincarnated.  So it really doesn't matter.

Triple-H-Shawn-Michaels-UK-Championship-

As to Ciampa, he's basically the same size (height for sure and probably about 7-10 pounds lighter than Kurt Angle is right now.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Eyeline comes up to Hunter's mouth.  That's the same height as Daniel Bryan.

It is what it is.  Between Camera angles (which they've used to make guys look bigger for years) and positioning, they can make guys look bigger than they actually area.

I mean, if you're disappointed in the height of Ciampa and Gargano, you're going to be really disappointed in the size of Pete Dunne.  But Pete Dunne works, legitimately like Chris Benoit reincarnated.  So it really doesn't matter.

Triple-H-Shawn-Michaels-UK-Championship-

As to Ciampa, he's basically the same size (height for sure and probably about 7-10 pounds lighter than Kurt Angle is right now.

Yes. It is what it is. I was just pointing out how the roster continuously gets smaller.

Just look at the collective presence of WCW and WWF in the 90s. And the landscape across the board today. Theres a huge difference, and not talking about juicing. Jericho was a 4 time Cruiserweight champion. Look at him standing with the main roster today. Guys like Kidman, Psycosis, Helms, Elix Skipper that filled out the cruiser divisions in the past would fit right in with the main roster thats put out there today.

A heavyweight division that actually carried heavyweights. Instead of tossing a 160lb Irishman at a 270lb Beast. Id be all for making SD and the World Title for the smaller guys. With Raw having a true heavyweight division and bring in guys like Moose and Scott Halls son Cody.

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

That and, dude was marking out for Lucha Underground guys.  I've stood next to Pentagon and he's 5'10" if he's lucky (probably closer to 5'8" and change), his eyes came up to RVD's nose when I saw them wrestle.

Brian Cage is yolked and filled out like nobody's business... he's also shorter than Shawn Michaels.  Mil Muertas, about all of 6'1," but go back and look at him when he was Judas Mesias in TNA and facing Abyss and Abyss made him look tiny.

Ciampa is the same size as the Briscoe brothers, same size as pre-pudge Jay Lethal, same height as AJ Styles, same size as Christopher Daniels.

I mean, I'm not sure people appreciate how short Eddie Guerrero actually was.  He was 5'8"; dude's shoulder fit comfortably under Benoit's armpit... and Benoit was AJ/Jericho's height.

I've also stood next to Brian Cage (and Keith Lee for that matter after a match in Providence when they were selling merch next to the ring) and Cage was not much taller than I am... Sure, he's about 6 of me across but the days of needing to be the size of a power forward are clearly over and thankfully

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes. It is what it is. I was just pointing out how the roster continuously gets smaller.

Just look at the collective presence of WCW and WWF in the 90s. And the landscape across the board today. Theres a huge difference, and not talking about juicing. Jericho was a 4 time Cruiserweight champion. Look at him standing with the main roster today. Guys like Kidman, Psycosis, Helms, Elix Skipper that filled out the cruiser divisions in the past would fit right in with the main roster thats put out there today.

A heavyweight division that actually carried heavyweights. Instead of tossing a 160lb Irishman at a 270lb Beast. Id be all for making SD and the World Title for the smaller guys. With Raw having a true heavyweight division and bring in guys like Moose and Scott Halls son Cody.

but jericho talks about how he used to juice all the time 

Archived