All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I say it a lot but...how long do I have to wait to see the big boy strap on Miz again? Doesn't matter whether it's the Universal (which likely never happens) or the WWE title. He deserves it. Put one of them on him relatively soon.

He is so dam good, I find him the most entertaing guy they have.

19 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

To be fair, Aleister Black had a crap showing on NXT for awhile with his promos/wearing a suit. He doesn't really have a character, imo, and needs to sell less in the ring for the no real gimmick to be a gimmick

yeah i'd be pretty shocked if he's not buried before mania. should've left him in nxt imo. 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

that's wild man. did you see his takeover matches against like black, gargano, richochet, etc. i don't think he's even good in the ring, but he's already probably my favorite in-ring story teller 

Yeah, he's good. He just doesn't do anything for me, I guess. Kinda how I feel about Daniel Bryan. Can't deny he's good, I'm just not drawn to him.

Can say the same for Gargano too. He's really, really good but I'm not a mark for him tbh. Love Blackheart tho but that's probably because the Milwaukee connection.

Honestly, the only people in NXT and beyond that do really anything for me are Shayna and Rhea. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Can say the same for Gargano too. He's really, really good but I'm not a mark for him tbh

same. same thing for guys like rollins and finn. promo work = 50%. in-ring story telling = 30%. in ring ability 20%. ricochet is an exception tho. i dont like his mic work, but go ahead and push him to the top. 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

same. same thing for guys like rollins and finn. promo work = 50%. in-ring story telling = 30%. in ring ability 20%. ricochet is an exception tho. i dont like his mic work, but go ahead and push him to the top. 

Ricochet is destined for the mid-card. His mic work is brutal lol.

Watching some old WCW... I had totally forgotten Mike Awesomes "Chubby Chaser" gimmick. Strutting to the ring with a big gal on each arm. People in the crowd with signs like, "I Chase Chubbies Too" and a plus size woman holding up "Big Gal 4 Awesome" with a arrow pointing down. Had me rolling. Gods I loved 90s wrestling.

16 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Watching some old WCW... I had totally forgotten Mike Awesomes "Chubby Chaser" gimmick. Strutting to the ring with a big gal on each arm. People in the crowd with signs like, "I Chase Chubbies Too" and a plus size woman holding up "Big Gal 4 Awesome" with a arrow pointing down. Had me rolling. Gods I loved 90s wrestling.

Maybe the schticks and stuff but the wrestling was terrible sans the Cruiserweights lol.

I watched Starrcade 97 the other night and it was beyond brutal lol. The only match worth a damn was Malenko and Guerrero.

Archived