Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

15 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

Actually think we're just fine THIS yr at OLB, definitely could use a mid round pick to boost the depth however. Next year we get our Clay successor.

Ideally his successor shouldnt be a rookie though.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not ragging on any of our selections. I definately like the talent. What I dont like is continually designating TOP draft picks to CBs. We've got a few other positional needs. Just a few.

Agreed. I am fine with a CB in round one. (Though like you I hope we don't regret not taking CM 2.0, i.e., Edmunds.) But to me it would've made more sense to draft 2 more CB's on Day Three. I would've gone WR, TE, or OL in round two (if we're going strictly need-based.) On the other hand, perhaps Gute wishes to maximize their chances of solidifying the CB unit, and felt grabbing a couple of the highest rated CB's would maximize that chance. I also think it may show that Gute thinks the Packers are more than a couple players away from contention, and need at least a mini-rebuild, and are more than a year away from being a valid contender--something which I think too. Hence his comments of using this draft to shore up the back half of the roster (i.e., with prospects who will need some time to develop.) 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Time to push the panic button on receivers? 

I don't think so, Green Bay has the luxury of being able to take a "super athlete, dubious wr" that other teams don't, as they won't  have to force that guy in a starring role immediately,

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Time to push the panic button on receivers? 

Naw, still some guys there but no one at this point should be counted on as our No. 2 guy. I'm going to keep banging the hammer for Dez at least for 2018...

Archived