Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

Just now, JPeezy55 said:

IMO, DT, ILB, EDGE are MUCH bigger needs that OT

Agree, but overall the D needed more help than it got. Maybe a new philosophy and D is history.  Just strap by and get the last Fg or TD and hope for the win.  

1 minute ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Seems like the heir apparent to Gilbert who has two more years left on his contract.

I thought Hawkins would have a chance but maybe not now.

So we're drafting players in the 3rd Rd to replace players with 2 years left on their contract?

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

So we're drafting players in the 3rd Rd to replace players with 2 years left on their contract?

Apparently, unless he shows enough in his rookie year that they cut Gilbert to save some cash in his final year. I don't know but I didn't like the pick. Thought for sure they would go defense.

what I like about this pick is the importance of the OL and depth.  If we get Settle and or OKO, then it's all good.  The way the FO is set on proving their higher draft picks are good is what bothers me the most about this team.  Did we draft anybody to push Burns, dupree , hargrave?  Did they forget the playoff loss and the D debacle in both jags games? Guess who they will probably play int he playoffs? Probably the jags or pats O.o

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

what I like about this pick is the importance of the OL and depth.  If we get Settle and or OKO, then it's all good.  The way the FO is set on proving their higher draft picks are good is what bothers me the most about this team.  Did we draft anybody to push Burns, dupree , hargrave?  Did they forget the playoff loss and the D debacle in both jags games? Guess who they will probably play int he playoffs? Probably the jags or pats O.o

I don't know if those guys will be there in the fifth round. I hope so though.

5 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Seems like the heir apparent to Gilbert who has two more years left on his contract.

I thought Hawkins would have a chance but maybe not now.

I forgot about gilbert getting suspended, maybe that never helps either. At least he is still on the team (for now)

5 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

what if gilbert gets suspended again? I just remembered the suspension, and how it could have been a factor. As much as I want the OL to be good and stable, I was shocked they went OL here with all the help needed on D.  Mediocre D stat speaking, but bad D vs good teams is what I see.  No help yet at DL, Edge or ILB or CB! No $ for UFA,  and what if a key player gets hurt?  

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

what if gilbert gets suspended again? I just remembered the suspension, and how it could have been a factor. As much as I want the OL to be good and stable, I was shocked they went OL here with all the help needed on D.  Mediocre D stat speaking, but bad D vs good teams is what I see.  No help yet at DL, Edge or ILB or CB! No $ for UFA,  and what if a key player gets hurt?  

I think you put much stock in drafting players in the 3rd for players that might get hurt or suspended. How about we draft players to replace below average starters?

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This is what bothers me about the team. They try to prove to themselves that heir bad higher picks are good enough when they clearly aren't. This menatlity has cost them and will continue to.   They shouldn't wait 5 years to decide they need to replace a player that has proven for 3 years they aren't good enough.

Cut bait and re-evaluate. Hargrave is good I just don't think he can eat up two blockers at NT. Matakevich might as well be Mike Humpal. Dupree needs to develop a plan as a pass rusher.

Archived