Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

Bostic isn’t a slouch. We don’t need Timmons, we don’t need Bowman. We don’t play our ILBs enough to warrant either. Bostic and Burnett will improve our run defense and that’s what made our defense so bad last year. The secondary will improve with experience and health. 

We’re not going to miss the playoffs. We might be better than we last year.

You have to imagine JJ Wilcox is going to be cut really soon after the draft.  That will free up near 3 million and I could see them using that money for another ILB or WR and then assessing the Shazier situation next year and going from there.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Bostic isn’t a slouch. We don’t need Timmons, we don’t need Bowman. We don’t play our ILBs enough to warrant either. Bostic and Burnett will improve our run defense and that’s what made our defense so bad last year. The secondary will improve with experience and health. 

I want to believe that and after I see everyone in action in Week 1, I just might.  Just really need to see the 'product' on the field first.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think you'e a little overzealous. If the starting ILBs are Bostic and VW, that's a big problem. 

Archived