Jump to content
NewAge

1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

Recommended Posts

I’d prefer to go Vet at WR and continue to draft WR’s in the 2-4 round range, similar to how Green Bay has continued to have a solid WR core since The Favre era. I’d use our Cap space on Pass rush Help and OL Help(LG/LT), use our First on either a LT or Pass rusher and our 3rds on WR and either RB or more OL help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d prefer to go Vet at WR and continue to draft WR’s in the 2-4 round range, similar to how Green Bay has continued to have a solid WR core since The Favre era. I’d use our Cap space on Pass rush Help and OL Help(LG/LT), use our First on either a LT or Pass rusher and our 3rds on WR and either RB or more OL help

We don't have a second round pick, if we don't traded away a third round, we still have two third round picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

We don't have a second round pick, if we don't traded away a third round, we still have two third round picks.

It’s a long term ideology not just for 1 draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Sam is not starting this week and will probably miss out on P. Manning rookie record for most ints in a season at 28. I think Sam missing this game is a good thing. This will give him some time to clear his head and get back to work Monday. I still think Sam is going to be the franchise QB for a very long time. I see his upside to a P. Manning and as low as A. Dalton. The media is trying to push all the "Should they bench Sam?" No you don't bench him. If he is healthy he plays. We all knew this would be a hard year for Sam but the future is bright with all the cap space and a franchise QB to back it up. All we need now is a coaching change and hire the best coach out their at all cost. I still think Josh McDaniels will be the coach next year of the Jets. Bill will walk away this year and take a office job high up with another team for part ownership. He will follow in Bill Parcells path. Josh will step out because he knows being the person to replace Bill will put him in a lose, lose situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no chance McDaniels is the Jets next coach ESPECIALLY if BB calls it a career. BB likely will take on a FO role there much like Parcells did. Jets need to bring in a HC who knows how to build us a program all the way around not whose best for Sam. The OC he hires is going to chosen for what’s more geared to what’s best for him. Jets need a guy who can manage the entire team and not just a joy coordinator on either side of the ball. The GM probably survives one more coaching hire but the seat is going to be on fire if he has another bad draft and underwhelming free agent period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

There’s no chance McDaniels is the Jets next coach ESPECIALLY if BB calls it a career. BB likely will take on a FO role there much like Parcells did. Jets need to bring in a HC who knows how to build us a program all the way around not whose best for Sam. The OC he hires is going to chosen for what’s more geared to what’s best for him. Jets need a guy who can manage the entire team and not just a joy coordinator on either side of the ball. The GM probably survives one more coaching hire but the seat is going to be on fire if he has another bad draft and underwhelming free agent period.

Question is however has Macc not given Bowles a good enough team to win or has Bowles underperformed with this group of players. 

I think the answer is somewhere in between. And because of that if one goes they both go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Question is however has Macc not given Bowles a good enough team to win or has Bowles underperformed with this group of players. 

I think the answer is somewhere in between. And because of that if one goes they both go. 

You got a point, I don't know either. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT IF ONE GOES THE OTHER GOES ALSO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Question is however has Macc not given Bowles a good enough team to win or has Bowles underperformed with this group of players. 

I think the answer is somewhere in between. And because of that if one goes they both go. 

There's probably 4 players on this team that other franchises would be interested in having. Not really overly talented over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to take the OC position seriously. We have a defensive HC and an OC who only managed two years as an OC previously (not even consecutively) and otherwise was untested. Thinking about this move now, I'm very much okay with letting Macc go. He had to know he was going to land a top rookie QB and he left him out to dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen I think Mac is a terrible GM, but I am trying to be realistic. He probably will not get fired and Bowles probably will. I wish we'd start over, but I cant see us ever doing the right thing, because we NEVER do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, ekill08x said:

Listen I think Mac is a terrible GM, but I am trying to be realistic. He probably will not get fired and Bowles probably will. I wish we'd start over, but I cant see us ever doing the right thing, because we NEVER do. 

I think Macc is more of the problem even though Bowles is clearly bad. 

Bowles has loyalty issues coaching wise IMO. But then again we have a ton of personnel I do not think is suited for his system. But then again great coaches adjust. 

Macc outside of the first round has missed on every single pick so far outside of what 3 maybe 4(Maye, McGuire, Edwards/Jenkins)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, ekill08x said:

Listen I think Mac is a terrible GM, but I am trying to be realistic. He probably will not get fired and Bowles probably will. I wish we'd start over, but I cant see us ever doing the right thing, because we NEVER do. 

The sad thing is, you are 100% correct. I still say the ownership of the Jets is one of our biggest problems. How do you put a clown like Chris Johnson in charge, who actually ran away from the press when they tried to ask him questions. That tells you all you need to know about Chris Johnson. Macc, has had  full control of the Jets for four years, and he has failed to put a competitive team on the field, how much more time are the Johnson's going to give him. If we drafted Rosen,or Mayfield things would be no different. Who ever heard of a person wearing a boot for only two days for a bad foot, and than taking it off on the third day, like Darnold, did. I shows you what BS that sprain foot was, all the Jets had to do is to say we are giving Darnold, a week off. Because we have no REAL offensive people on our coaching staff the Jets paid McCown 6 million a year to be a babysitter for Darnold.

If some miracle the Jets bring in offensive coaches & a new GM, I would keep McCown for QB coach, but not for 6 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×