9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

8 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I don't think saying Cam doesn't have weapons on offense is true anymore. Now, let's load up on defense now. 

Yeah, I think passing on Hernandez probably means they're okay with Moton at LG, so hopefully we target the secondary and pass rush tomorrow.

I don't think passing on Hernandez means they think Moton is set at LG. Silatolu would likely start over him. Think it just came down to liking Moore more than Ridley, Hernandez, Price, etc.

Also - Hurney apparently called at least one team to try and trade up for Derwin James.

I had a feeling we were going to go receiver once we got on the clock. I think the perception of the entire draft class as being weak at WR caused Moore and Ridley to fall farther than those two normally would have so we pulled the trigger. Honestly thought we would've gone with Ridley, though (and we probably would have if Gettleman was still our GM). Still, we've been lacking a true speed receiver with good hands for some time, so I can't really say we didn't address a need here. I give the pick a B. Second round should be interesting.

Side note: I wonder if Torrey Smith is going to fill the role that Jericho Cotchery did for us a while ago as the aging veteran who we keep around to mentor the young guys.

I really like this pick.  I hardly have the time to watch every prospect and give my thought on them, so I didn't look into Moore much until I heard we were interested.

IMO, he has a lot of the same traits that made me love Beckham as a prospect (who was criminally underrated I thought).  Moore's route-tree was more limited than Beckham's was, but it had more to do with the scheme.  Moore can get separation and has the ability to run every route well.  Obviously I'm not saying he will pan out as well as Beckham did (and who thought Beckham would pan out as well as he did?), but both are great at going up and making ridiculous catches in traffic despite their size.  Both have insane YAC ability - Moore will be deadly on slants.

Moore-Funch-Smith-Samuel-Wright-(potentially Byrd) with McCaffrey and Olsen gives Cam the most diverse, and certainly the most athletic, set of weapons he's ever had.  Hopefully we can walk away with a DB and OL on Day 2.  I wouldn't mind Guice or Chubb if they fall to one of our 3rds, but I doubt it.

I like the pick but I thought Ridley would've been nice to take the top off the defense considering we have Christian, Curtis and Greg for the underneath stuff. Plus I think Russell Sheppard and Damiere Byrd can play some good ball. I think Ridley would've given us that Ted Ginn element we've been missing.

Archived