3rd Round 68th Overall Pick: S Justin Reid

Texansfan713

Image result for justin reid stanford

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-reid?id=32462018-0002-5601-9880-2ac673bf0eed

Overview

Reid is what teams are looking for at the safety position in 2018. He's a plus size/speed prospect who has the athletic ability to help with man coverage and the instincts and ball skills for ball-hawking duties on the back end. Reid can get himself into some trouble when he's overly aggressive, but his positive plays far outweigh the negative. He has the talent to become an early starter and a good one. Reid's instincts and play traits should make him a safe selection with Pro Bowl potential down the road.

What a steal

He was one of my fave players in the draft, and my choice for the Titans at 25. Would have prefered him to Landry in round 2 tbh. Can't believe he fell to you guys... Great pick. Gonna hate facing him twice a year as i thunk hes gonna be a very good safety in the league.

Also a big fan of Coutee... Damn!!

I think we move Reid to CB but he could challenge Hal for the starting safety position as well. 

He does help out our defensive back rebuild. Colvin, Reid and HB is a nice off season pick up. Now we really need Johnson to finally step up. He showed flashes in 2016 and was the worst in the league last year. We never bust in round 1 so I’m hoping he turns it on this year. 

16 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we move Reid to CB but he could challenge Hal for the starting safety position as well. 

He does help out our defensive back rebuild. Colvin, Reid and HB is a nice off season pick up. Now we really need Johnson to finally step up. He showed flashes in 2016 and was the worst in the league last year. We never bust in round 1 so I’m hoping he turns it on this year. 

He will be a safety all the way.  We have been looking for a ballhawking safety since our existense.  Ed Reed didn't cut it,  Rahim Moore didn't cut it.  I think he will eventually push Hal out of the lineup mid-season. Cant wait to see how RAC uses him.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He will be a safety all the way.  We have been looking for a ballhawking safety since our existense.  Ed Reed didn't cut it,  Rahim Moore didn't cut it.  I think he will eventually push Hal out of the lineup mid-season. Cant wait to see how RAC uses him.

I could see that, and we use 6-8 guys in the secondary every game anyway, so he will play early on. 

Archived