Winner & Losers from Day Two

bomont

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

And they added a developmental T with a top 75 pick for free (well, a 5th)

Actually, that 5th acquired for Su'a Cravens. Since there was zero chance he was making the roster, it was essentially for free.

16 minutes ago, Profound23 said:

When I grade it is based on what my opinion, not pundits.  I watched a lot of both.  Bears have spent the last two years giving away too many picks.  If Tribusky and Miller work out then it’s worth it, if not they’re setting themselves back even more.

I thought if they wanted a wideout they should’ve went Sutton over Daniels.  They also passed on Landry, Gesicki, and Josh Jackson who I think will  be better than Daniels.  When they traded up I thought maybe Washington or DJ Chark  at wideout or DB Oliver/Donte Jackson.

I thought they did a great job in the first round, after that not so much.  You feel differently and could be right.  We will find out in a year or two.

I think Roquan Smith, Josh Jackson, and James Washington would’ve been the better picks.  However, either way I would not have traded a future second.  If they go 3-13 or 4-12 (could easily happen in that division) that’s almost a 1st round pick they gave up along with other picks for a wide receiver I just don’t think is any good on the NFL level.

First of all, you dont have to tell me about Josh Jackson, I love JJ, im a hawk fan and have said hes the best cb in the draft.  The Bears guaranteed almost $40M to their starting cbs this year.  If you or anybody thought the Bears were going to draft a cb early you werent paying attention.  Why would they draft Gesicki after paying Burton to be the move TE and drafting Shaheen in the 2nd last year to be the Y?  You dont know much about the roster or team do you?

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

First of all, you dont have to tell me about Josh Jackson, I love JJ, im a hawk fan and have said hes the best cb in the draft.  The Bears guaranteed almost $40M to their starting cbs this year.  If you or anybody thought the Bears were going to draft a cb early you werent paying attention.  Why would they draft Gesicki after paying Burton to be the move TE and drafting Shaheen in the 2nd last year to be the Y?  You dont know much about the roster or team do you?

So they made a few mistakes.  First matching the offer to Fuller and giving Burton that contract.  Second, drafting for need instead of BPA.  Third, mortgaging future picks.  They just traded away more future picks.  Eventually, that catches up to you. 

Again, just my opinion.  Not stating anything as fact.

38 minutes ago, Profound23 said:

So they made a few mistakes.  First matching the offer to Fuller and giving Burton that contract.  Second, drafting for need instead of BPA.  Third, mortgaging future picks.  They just traded away more future picks.  Eventually, that catches up to you. 

Again, just my opinion.  Not stating anything as fact.

Alright its clear you dont have good opinions on the bears roster.  Thanks!  Good day sir

40 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Alright its clear you dont have good opinions on the bears roster.  Thanks!  Good day sir

Fine with me.  I'm glad the Bears don't know how to draft.

They could be sitting there with Deshaun Watson, Keanu Neal, Vic Beasley....etc and still have all of their picks they traded away the last few years.  Good day to you too.

1 hour ago, Profound23 said:

Fine with me.  I'm glad the Bears don't know how to draft.

They could be sitting there with Deshaun Watson, Keanu Neal, Vic Beasley....etc and still have all of their picks they traded away the last few years.  Good day to you too.

You could cherry pick every team's NFL draft and play the hindsight game. You're embarrassing yourself.

Archived