Winner & Losers from Day Two

bomont

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

RD 2-3

DAL - For a team that lost a TE, and got the biggest troll job in NFL history (when I thought Drew Pearson couldn't get beat a year before) with a division rival taking the guy they wanted

CHI - Loved what they did with getting James Daniels at C and then Anthony Miller at WR.

ATL - getting Isiah Oliver was a steal, 1st round CB at 58?  Wow.   Well done.  And then a monster DT in Senat.    Tip my cap.  

ARI - love Kirk, and Cole was an absolute necessity to try and keep Bradford alive long enough to let Rosen take over, and keep Rosen healthy.

RD3 winners

SF - SF - wasn't so sure about Dante Pettis at WR, but SF getting LB Fred Warner and S Moore late was a great overall result.  

JAX - Harrison that late?   Jeez, guys.    Chark I wasn't a fan of, but Harrison and Bryan just isn't fair to O's in the AFC.

CIN - Bates was OK Rd2 ...but Hubbard & Jefferson that late in Rd3, I'm jealous of Jefferson.  

I'm pretty excited about Chark. That size and athleticism is insane. LSU never does their WRs any favors...

Ronnie is my favorite pick and it's not close so far. Can't believe he was there at 93.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

RD 2-3

DAL - For a team that lost a TE, and got the biggest troll job in NFL history (when I thought Drew Pearson couldn't get beat a year before) with a division rival taking the guy they wanted

CHI - Loved what they did with getting James Daniels at C and then Anthony Miller at WR.

ATL - getting Isiah Oliver was a steal, 1st round CB at 58?  Wow.   Well done.  And then a monster DT in Senat.    Tip my cap.  

ARI - love Kirk, and Cole was an absolute necessity to try and keep Bradford alive long enough to let Rosen take over, and keep Rosen healthy.

RD3 winners

SF - SF - wasn't so sure about Dante Pettis at WR, but SF getting LB Fred Warner and S Moore late was a great overall result.  

JAX - Harrison that late?   Jeez, guys.    Chark I wasn't a fan of, but Harrison and Bryan just isn't fair to O's in the AFC.

CIN - Bates was OK Rd2 ...but Hubbard & Jefferson that late in Rd3, I'm jealous of Jefferson.  

Kirk pick was great but an interior OL with short arms that benches 23 reps?  Sounds like another OL misfire by Keim.

1 hour ago, bomont said:

As I said on the draft thread, losers = Colts.  Four picks and they mostly grab guys they could have had later.  Their GM blows IMO.  Winners include Skins (yay!), although granted Guice is risky, and the Bengals (yes the Bengals).  Solid talent moves.

You have no way to prove what you said in the bolded part.

5 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Kirk pick was great but an interior OL with short arms that benches 23 reps?  Sounds like another OL misfire by Keim.

Interior OL's short arms aren't really a problem.   Bench press is a horrible test for power - it's more if you pass a minimum threshold.   Cole's never going to be a power C, but that's also why the scheme matters.  Success in the Big 10 really means more to me than the bench press.   He's not a power guy, that's fair.  But in ARI's ZBS, he actually fits well.    

I mean, let's face it, at late 90's, the top tiers were picked clean.  I can't pan the Cole pick, especially with their scheme fit.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Interior OL's short arms aren't really a problem.   Bench press is a horrible test for power - it's more if you pass a minimum threshold.   Cole's never going to be a power C, but that's also why the scheme matters.  ARI's ZBS, he actually fits well.   

I mean, let's face it, at late 90's, the top tiers were picked clean.  I can't pan the Cole pick, especially with their scheme fit.

I actually love the Cole pick. Should be very good in that scheme. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I actually love the Cole pick. Should be very good in that scheme. 

One thing that gets HUGELY underrated - Big 10 4-year starter.   Faced the Big 10 teams that were better than his, and success at an early age.  I'm a huge believer in that.   

Cole really gets an upgrade because of the above.  He's a terrible power scheme fit, but in a ZBS, yeah, I really think ARI will be thrilled with the value there.   His lack of power fit is why he was still there in the 90's.   But doesn't mean he won't be a great pick for ARI.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

One thing that gets HUGELY underrated - Big 10 4-year starter.   Faced the Big 10 teams that were better than his, and success at an early age.  I'm a huge believer in that.   

Cole really gets an upgrade because of the above.  He's a terrible power scheme fit, but in a ZBS, yeah, I really think ARI will be thrilled with the value there.   His lack of power fit is why he was still there in the 90's.   But doesn't mean he won't be a great pick for ARI.  

Also, I'm a fan of teams drafting a C to go with a QB.  That's a massively important connection, and pairing those guys so they can grow together can really pay off, especially when it comes to setting protections.

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Interior OL's short arms aren't really a problem.   Bench press is a horrible test for power - it's more if you pass a minimum threshold.   Cole's never going to be a power C, but that's also why the scheme matters.  Success in the Big 10 really means more to me than the bench press.   He's not a power guy, that's fair.  But in ARI's ZBS, he actually fits well.    

Well you’re convincing me but this is every OL pick by Steve Keim:

Bobby Massie

Nate Potter

Senio Kelemete

Earl Watford

Jonathon Cooper

*DJ Humphries

Cole Toner

Evan Boehm 

Will Holden

Dorian Johnson

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Well you’re convincing me but this is every OL pick by Steve Keim:

Bobby Massie

Nate Potter

Senio Kelemete

Earl Watford

Jonathon Cooper

*DJ Humphries

Cole Toner

Evan Boehm 

Will Holden

Dorian Johnson

That's fair - but people change.   

Tom Telesco was an absolute BRUTAL drafter from 2013 to 2015.   But starting in 2016, Telesco has been nailing picks (remember, no one is even close to 100 percent) at an impressive rate.  

You gotta like what Keim's done so far this year.   

53 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

RD 2-3

It makes for a nice Draft Day story, but the Cowboys weren't targeting Goedert.  It was either Connor Williams (if he was still available) or Justin Reid.   Could you imagine how wasted Dallas Goedert would've been in Garrett's offense? It sucks, but our offense is still stuck in the '90s when it comes to using Tight Ends.

After day two, the top drafts have been Browns, Buccaneers, Broncos, Bills, Jaguars, Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Lions, Bengals, Patriots, Falcons, Redskins, Titans, Ravens, Colts and Packers. The other 15 teams I would say are the less overwhelming drafts. Splitting the league into almost two halves of "win versus loss".

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

RD 2-3

RD3 winners

Lol please don't say Feeley managed to troll us. Cause he was pitiful. Kramer had a good one.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol please don't say Feeley managed to troll us. Cause he was pitiful. Kramer had a good one.

The whole-trade-up-to-take-TE was the troll job (although Akers certainly had passion - I think that's who you meant) - if you & other DAL fans say Goedert wasn't the target, I'll defer - but man, that war room looked crushed & stunned.   

I'm not saying the above as an insult - I actually think if that's the case, they did a great job to not panic, and just go off the Big Board, Williams was the right call if Goedert was plan A.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The whole-trade-up-to-take-TE was the troll job (although Akers certainly had passion - I think that's who you meant) - if you & other DAL fans say Goedert wasn't the target, I'll defer - but man, that war room looked crushed & stunned.   

I'm not saying the above as an insult - I actually think if that's the case, they did a great job to not panic, and just go off the Big Board, Williams was the right call if Goedert was plan A.

Akers. You're right.

Archived