Winner & Losers from Day Two

bomont

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

if you & other DAL fans say Goedert wasn't the target, I'll defer - but man, that war room looked crushed & stunned.   

I'm not saying the above as an insult - I actually think if that's the case, they did a great job to not panic, and just go off the Big Board, Williams was the right call if Goedert was plan A.

They looked like they were caught off guard with Connor Williams still being there (maybe they thought either the Chargers or Eagles were going to nab him?) The previous hand-shakes going around for Marinelli and Cris Richard for getting "their guy" quickly turned into a focused discussion and then everyone giving handshakes and pat on the backs to OL coach Alexander. It was clear that they were preparing for a defensive player.  

The media was expecting some gold to happen when Philly was on the clock, but there's no way to sell it other than Akers sounded like this guy:

screech_powers.jpg

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm really hating what Chicago is doing, because every pick they've made so far is fantastic. 

Honestly I don't remember ever feeling this good about a Bears draft. Absolutely thrilled with their first 3 picks.

7 minutes ago, jarren said:

Still can't believe we landed Isaiah Oliver in the 2nd. I was fine with taking him at 26. Prefect DQ CB. 

I was sad we went WR (although I like Sutton a lot, just other WR's were there for Rd3), would have loved Oliver 2.40 and then WR 3.71.   Oliver was the last of the top-tier CB's I had, to get him at 2.58 without moving up was insane value.   Full props there.  

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Honestly I don't remember ever feeling this good about a Bears draft. Absolutely thrilled with their first 3 picks.

I gave Pace hell for letting Meredith go on a UDFA tender, and still believe he's going to make NO really happy they got him.  But getting Miller at 2.51 really takes the sting from that.    And while Daniels is C-only, it's a huge upgrade for CHI.   Plus having a young C-QB tandem, as I think @Forge mentioned yesterday with ARI and Cole-Rosen, is huge.   Multiplies the team benefit.  And while Roquan isn't Urlacher V2.....he's a sideline-to-sideline sure tackler and cover beast, great value for CHI even at 1.8. 

3/3 mission accomplished picks - arguably BPA & need met and maximum leverage of the Big Board position depth (dropoff in talent happens after your pick made with Daniels & Miller).  The holy trio for drafting.   Tip my cap to Pace there.

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

As a Skins fan, I'm very pumped!

One could argue we now have the best QB & RB in the NFC East.

Solidified our D-line to stop the run.

Can't wait for rounds 4-7.

Payne and Guice were really good picks.  But let's not go overboard there.   If you mean as individuals, no freaking way.  If you mean as a QB-RB combo unit, it's closer, but the Wentz-Smith difference and the Elliott-WAS RB difference still puts you guys at #3 best-case IMO.  But the gap certainly got smaller.  As long as this off-the-field investigation stuff isn't a big thing, Guice certainly upgraded RB in a big way for you.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Am I missing the joke or something? 

19 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ace never fails. Guice is no better than third to start. Smith is not better than Wentz, injury or not. 

22 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

LOL wut?

Wentz > Smith

Zeke, Barkley, and hell probably even Clement right now > Guice.

Archived