Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

That was sick. I think we've quashed the "lolpels trade AD already" narratives anyway. Gentry has been great, I never thought it was fair to blame him for the past couple of seasons considering all the injuries and constant roster turnover he dealt with.

Feel like Mirotic is incredibly underrated on defense. Shocked how versatile he's been

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The free throws weren't significant. The Warriors weren't hitting shots and were playing sloppy basketball. The Pelicans hit a bunch of shots in the first half that they hadn't been hitting. I just don't see the game as that significant. The Pelicans are better than some were giving them credit for being, but we're not going to see a miraculous turnaround imo.

EDIT: What I mean by the free throws not being significant is that the only guy who really has a gripe about not getting to the line more is AD, but he's a post guy being guarded by smaller defenders. I don't see the refs suddenly flipping a switch and calling things differently. It's been 3 games, and they've called it the same each game.

Nah. Jrue has been super aggressive all post season going to the rim and he doesn’t get calls either.

Jrue and AD both have legit gripes. 

53 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

so yall still trying to bet or nah? 

If the Warriors advance past the Rockets in 5 games or less, you leave the forum. If it takes them 6 games or more, I will.

Deal? ?

11 minutes ago, Darkness said:

If the Warriors advance past the Rockets in 5 games or less, you leave the forum. If it takes them 6 games or more, I will.

Deal? ?

confirmed we will see texanssupporter713 in 1 month

9 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Nah. Jrue has been super aggressive all post season going to the rim and he doesn’t get calls either.

Jrue and AD both have legit gripes. 

Being aggressive doesn't really entitle you to fouls. He's been attacking guys like Durant, Thompson, Iguodala, Draymond, etc. I haven't seen the game being called very differently for Jrue than the Warriors' wings.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Being aggressive doesn't really entitle you to fouls. He's been attacking guys like Durant, Thompson, Iguodala, Draymond, etc. I haven't seen the game being called very differently for Jrue than the Warriors' wings.

When you're getting contact with the body on every drive...it kind of does.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

When you're getting contact with the body on every drive...it kind of does.

Only if you're James Harden or LeBron. The rest of the NBA players have to deal with it.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Only if you're James Harden or LeBron. The rest of the NBA players have to deal with it.

That's not really true. The Warriors have gone to the line a lot, for the exact same fouls. The reffing hasn't been atrocious, but they aren't giving AD and Jrue the calls they're giving KD, Green and Klay.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

That's not really true. The Warriors have gone to the line a lot, for the exact same fouls. The reffing hasn't been atrocious, but they aren't giving AD and Jrue the calls they're giving KD, Green and Klay.

BS. Jrue isn't getting officiated any differently than those guys. AD is. But that's how they treat post players against smaller defenders.

Just now, jrry32 said:

BS. Jrue isn't getting officiated any differently than those guys. AD is. But that's how they treat post players against smaller defenders.

How can you call BS when Jrue has 6 FTAs in 3 games and AD has 7 while KD has 16, Curry has 11, Klay has 8, Green has 15. Its one way.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

How can you call BS when Jrue has 6 FTAs in 3 games and AD has 7 while KD has 16, Curry has 11, Klay has 8, Green has 15. Its one way.

Because I've been watching the games. How many of those FTAs occurred because the Pelicans were in the bonus or fouling at the end of the game? How many occurred on fastbreaks? How many were three point shots where the Pelicans defender stupidly fouled? How many are due to the Pelicans defenders not being as good or undersized (on the wings)?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Because I've been watching the games. How many of those FTAs occurred because the Pelicans were in the bonus or fouling at the end of the game? How many occurred on fastbreaks? How many were three point shots where the Pelicans defender stupidly fouled? How many are due to the Pelicans defenders not being as good or undersized (on the wings)?

So have I. Jrue has been getting mauled at the rim, so has AD. No calls. Yesterday in a blow out the Warriors more than doubled the amount of FTs the Pelicans took lol. You're legit the only person I've talked to about this series that doesn't think the Pelicans have been getting shafted.

Archived