5th Round Pick (172nd Overall): JK Scott [P; Alabama]

Packerraymond

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Going into the draft thought the last thing we need was a punter.  Vogel was pretty good.  Scott is elite.  The guy has one serious leg.  It will be interesting to see where he finishes in relation to other punters in the league.  I am guessing top 5.  It was a brilliant pick up.  Worth burning a 5th.

Agree; He had a good night.

Week 1 results / standing:

Punts: 4
Total yards: 192
Average: 48.0 (League Rank: 13th) (2017 end of season ranking: 23rd - 44.4)
Inside 20: 1
Fair Catch: 1
Returns: 2
Long Return: 45
Average Return: 22.5
Net Punting Average: 36.8 (League Rank: 23rd) (2017 end of season ranking: 7th - 41.6)

As @Shanedorf mentioned: Decent debut for Scott,  He flipped the field and that's a big help when the offense is struggling.

He didnt have any eye opening "drop/kill it inside the 5" like things. But he did well.
Interested to watch that Net Average - cause I guess thats what ultimately counts, reflects capability of the overall unit and gives us the best "post-Janis" look.
Anybody know who were the gunners?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree; He had a good night.

Punts: 4
Total yards: 192
Average: 48.0 (League Rank: 13th) (2017 end of season ranking: 23rd - 44.4)
Inside 20: 1
Fair Catch: 1
Returns: 2
Long Return: 45
Average Return: 22.5
Net Punting Average: 36.8 (League Rank: 23rd) (2017 end of season ranking: 7th - 41.6)

As @Shanedorf mentioned: Decent debut for Scott,  He flipped the field and that's a big help when the offense is struggling.

He didnt have any eye opening "drop/kill it inside the 5" like things. But he did well.
Interested to watch that Net Average - cause I guess thats what ultimately counts, reflects capability of the overall unit and gives us the best "post-Janis" look.
Anybody know who were the gunners?

The long return was on him and that was ugly. Can't be doing that. 

His other kicks were pretty decent. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The long return was on him and that was ugly. Can't be doing that. 

In a way - or one way of looking at that - its a good thing. He can correct his mistake (as opposed to missing a guy who's no longer on the team).

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've never bought the "outkick" your coverage argument when there is hang time, and everything Scott boots has hang time. Cover it better.

You just have to adjust your hangtime to your distance. Too much hangtime and you're sacrificing yardage. Too much distance and you give up a return.

I will acknowledge though that I was not impressed with the gunner work on punts this week.

[WolverineonthebedtenderlytouchingpictureJeffJanisedition.Jpg]

Little early to compare stats after just one game.   Interesting though.  The guy can really boom em.  It's also only his rookie season.  I don't ever recall the Packers having a punter with his kind of leg.  He should continue to improve.  He has both distance and hang time.  Pretty rare.  Again smart pick up from Gute.  Flipping the field is huge.  He should pay dividends for years to come.

Archived