5th Round Pick (172nd Overall): JK Scott [P; Alabama]

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What else would we talk about in a thread about a punter? 

If you go back and look at the previous pages:

we discussed penis size, religious slants, the sexless Mods and the value of late draft picks. B|

On 4/28/2018 at 3:41 PM, Norm said:

Omfg

John Kimball "JK" Scott[

omfg omfg

I'M DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBALL

I'MA COP YOU IDIOT

HE'S THE ******* KINDERGARTEN COP

GREATEST ******* PICK EVER..BRB BUYING JERSEY

17 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Bwahahahha so "JK" is short for John Kimball...

thats right, his parents named him after Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in Kindergarten Cop.

AP2NPg1.jpg

I beat you by three months doe

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Vogel was a pretty good punter, the Packers are aiming for better. Can't get too bent out of shape about that. They are considering kickoffs and place-holding as part of their punter evaluation and JK has skills in both of those areas per his pre-draft reports. Also: Crosby is aging, so delegating kick- offs to a younger leg late in the season might be a way of prolonging his FG kicking career. With all of the changes in the new kick off rules too - there might be some strategic value for JK in that arena too.

One of the Crimson Tide’s most successful and most underappreciated units this season has been kickoff coverage, as opponents are averaging just 18.2 yards per return. For a little perspective, that’s just shy of being the best of any Alabama team coached by Nick Saban. The 2007 team averaged 17.9. Alabama has kicked off 66 times this season, and half of them have gone for a touchback. Both figures top the SEC.

“The most important thing on kickoffs is placement,” said senior punter JK Scott, who has also handled kickoff duties this season. “You want to get it closer to the corner, more like on the numbers because that’s how our coverage is most successful, when we place it in that area. That’s what I focus on the most. Obviously, they want touchbacks but placement is most important.”

"....the second reason is Scott, who obviously has a powerful leg and can get some serious hang time, giving everyone a chance to get downfield"

The Packers want the rest of the non-Rodgers team to be Championship-caliber and are taking steps to make that a reality. 

Well then you give US Packer fans a reason, and make no qualms about it there IS A REASON. Don't be a Hillary Clinton and make a claim that something sucks without stating what you would do differently or what is THE REASON. I'm telling you what was discussed on the radio, what more than one person on the show had heard besides the radio show. And I myself did see a quote that Ron Zook could only say that Vogel still had a lot of things to learn, a odd statement seeing as your punter was a pro bowler. 

1 minute ago, cooters22 said:

Well then you give US Packer fans a reason, and make no qualms about it there IS A REASON. Don't be a Hillary Clinton and make a claim that something sucks without stating what you would do differently or what is THE REASON. I'm telling you what was discussed on the radio, what more than one person on the show had heard besides the radio show. And I myself did see a quote that Ron Zook could only say that Vogel still had a lot of things to learn, a odd statement seeing as your punter was a pro bowler. 

And I'm not talking about you Shanedorf inparticular, I'm talking about everyone who wants to kill the messenger today. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

we discussed penis size, religious slants, the sexless Mods and the value of late draft picks. B|

I'm going with penis size, thank you for making me laugh at even myself at this one. 

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

What I heard at the local 31 flavors was that Vogel was .......{insert your own joke here}.

Just because some local radio host was making these comments does not make it true.

But a local Green Bay radio sports talk show usually has some inside scoop on something otherwise it wouldn't be out there, and like I said other callers were calling in like this is old news, like it was being taken for granted already. Unfortunately I work, so I only get so much radio time. 

8 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

But a local Green Bay radio sports talk show usually has some inside scoop on something otherwise it wouldn't be out there, and like I said other callers were calling in like this is old news, like it was being taken for granted already. Unfortunately I work, so I only get so much radio time. 

Usually they're idiots barely know anything TBH lol

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

At least we are having a wide and far ranging discussion, LOL.

At least in 3 days we start to see if the scouts opinion of Scott turn out to be correct.

6 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

At least we are having a wide and far ranging discussion, LOL.

At least in 3 days we start to see if the scouts opinion of Scott turn out to be correct.

Camp is here,  I usually make it to camp a few times. I can't wait. Everyone should get to at least one game at Lambeau and one practice outside the Hudson Center.    

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 2:09 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Decent debut for Scott, welcome to the Big Leagues.
Bummer he got so much work in the first half, but he flipped the field and that's a big help when the offense is struggling.

Going into the draft thought the last thing we need was a punter.  Vogel was pretty good.  Scott is elite.  The guy has one serious leg.  It will be interesting to see where he finishes in relation to other punters in the league.  I am guessing top 5.  It was a brilliant pick up.  Worth burning a 5th.

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Going into the draft thought the last thing we need was a punter.  Vogel was pretty good.  Scott is elite.  The guy has one serious leg.  It will be interesting to see where he finishes in relation to other punters in the league.  I am guessing top 5.  It was a brilliant pick up.  Worth burning a 5th.

He's #27 in net average, at 36.8, so he has a ways to go. That long return was a killer. I'm surprised that 48.0 is only good enough for 15th in gross yardage after one week, not that gross yardage matters much anyway. It seems like punters have been kicking the ball farther in recent years. 

Archived