2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's about a 0% chance that Peters is on the team after this season. Given that Vaitai isn't the long term answer, I think it would make sense for us to FIND that long term answer.

If Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, or Andre Dillard are there at 25, we should absolutely jump all over it.

Dalton Risner or Yodny Cajuste are guys I'd consider at 53. Maybe even David Edwards if the front office is feeling desperate.

I like Bobby Evans and Chuma Edoga in the 4th too especially since they won’t have to play year one

Just now, Scalamania said:

QB, DE, DT - it's pretty much quarterback and anyone who can rush the quarterback, whether it be from and edge spot or interior spot. 

I pretty much agree with this, you can give help to an OL. teams are want to pressure the QB with fewer numbers 

Just now, nlesthought said:

explain how is he underperforming? He played well enough during the SB run and rarely this past year... they aren't going to tell Lurie's best buddy Peters to retire until he's ready.  

I said Jacobs is growing on me...I didn't say clear cut take him at 25...also I think he's better than Smallwood, Sproles and possibly Clement right now. so he's an upgrade.

Give Vaitai 16 games yeah he'll have his hiccups but you would trust a rookie LT right now more than him?  

They don’t need to reach for a T if one presents itself you grab him if you think he is a clear upgrade over Big V. But Big V isn’t good enough player to stop you from drafting somebody 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They don’t need to reach for a T if one presents itself you grab him if you think he is a clear upgrade over Big V. But Big V isn’t good enough player to stop you from drafting somebody 

Maybe I need to dig a little more on the top OT prospects, I'm reading bust by some that were high before the college season, I'm seeing some are better fits at OG...and I'm seeing some can be taken later doesn't mean they're ready to play year 1 

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Maybe I need to dig a little more on the top OT prospects, I'm reading bust by some that were high before the college season, I'm seeing some are better fits at OG...and I'm seeing some can be taken later doesn't mean they're ready to play year 1 

They don’t need to play year 1. You have JP and Big V for 2019 But if you think a guy will be clearly better than Big V in 2020, why wouldn’t you take him? 

Edit: we need a guard long term too and even to start the year, so investing in a T who might be a G is not the worst thing...

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They don’t need to play year 1. You have JP and Big V for 2019 But if you think a guy will be clearly better than Big V in 2020, why wouldn’t you take him? 

Edit: we need a guard long term too and even to start the year, so investing in a T who might be a G is not the worst thing...

How many OL do you think we're going to keep on the 53? Last couple years its been no more than 9, maybe some additions to the PS... They kept the project (purely a OT at this point) on the 53...a rookie swing G/T. 

Right now I see a OG as more of a pressing need than OT based on the number of bodies available. Brooks will start the season on the PUP...Pryor hasn't played a meaningful snap. They could very well bring back Warmack or even the Wiz. But Brooks will be 29, Seumalo imo is the CotF biding his time at LG.

They can only play musical chairs so long. 

27 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

How many OL do you think we're going to keep on the 53? Last couple years its been no more than 9, maybe some additions to the PS... They kept the project (purely a OT at this point) on the 53...a rookie swing G/T. 

Right now I see a OG as more of a pressing need than OT based on the number of bodies available. Brooks will start the season on the PUP...Pryor hasn't played a meaningful snap. They could very well bring back Warmack or even the Wiz. But Brooks will be 29, Seumalo imo is the CotF biding his time at LG.

They can only play musical chairs so long. 

I mean there are 2 spots open from last year with Warmack and Wiz not in the fold. Also if Brooks starts on the PUP that is another roster spot. So I don't see where you are concerned about roster spots

I see the following O-Lineman being on the team right now for sure.

OT: Peters, Lane, Vaitai, Mailata
IOL: Kelce, Brooks, Seumalo, Pryor

Peters is gone after this season, so it wouldn't surprise me if we draft and stash a player on IR.

OT seems to be more pressing to me than IOL

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So a lot of smoke about them being super in on a guy and maybe moving up...

The Eagles Trade pick 25 and one of those 2nd rounders..how far are they moving up, and who are they going to get?

25 (720)
53 (370) -- 57 (330)
14 (1100) -- 15 (1050)

14th is Atlanta 15th is Washington

Anyone else hate seeing a corner mocked to us in the first? It just doesn't make much sense. We have so many guys that could be guys to have moving forward, with the jury genuinely still out on them. Like, if Greedy falls, I'm all for that because of the sheer value, but otherwise this season needs to sort out what we have and don't have in that position.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The Eagles Trade pick 25 and one of those 2nd rounders..how far are they moving up, and who are they going to get?

I'm thinking a first tier DT. I think the skill player sit downs are part of the smoke screen game. 

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

Anyone else hate seeing a corner mocked to us in the first? It just doesn't make much sense. We have so many guys that could be guys to have moving forward, with the jury genuinely still out on them. Like, if Greedy falls, I'm all for that because of the sheer value, but otherwise this season needs to sort out what we have and don't have in that position.

Not feeling a CB in the first, 3rd safety/hybrid CB sure. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’m doing a GM mock and I moved up to 18 to get Wilkins and I did this

25, 57, 139

for 

18 and 81

I could see a deal like that 

Archived