2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I could maybe see a 3rd round pick getting some work in just because of the depth of this class. You might find an athletic field stretcher maybe

I hate to be that guy, but if replacing SL is supposed to fix Dak/our passing offense, is there any hope left for Rico Gathers? I mean he is obviously talented, he balls out every preseason, and practice, other OCs have been trying to get their hands on him and we have stashed him one way or another, most recently on the active roster. he was open in the endzone a few times this season and was missed badly. I just think about a raw athletic late round TE, and say what could be better than a 6'7" 280 pound leaper with surprisngly good hands? If there is still hope for our passing game to improve we shouldn't rule him out either, right?

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I hate to be that guy, but if replacing SL is supposed to fix Dak/our passing offense, is there any hope left for Rico Gathers? I mean he is obviously talented, he balls out every preseason, and practice, other OCs have been trying to get their hands on him and we have stashed him one way or another, most recently on the active roster. he was open in the endzone a few times this season and was missed badly. I just think about a raw athletic late round TE, and say what could be better than a 6'7" 280 pound leaper with surprisngly good hands? If there is still hope for our passing game to improve we shouldn't rule him out either, right?

Well he didn't come through for us in the Rams game when Dak did make it to him so I dunno.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I would, but I don't think the team will. I think they were ready to move on from him months ago, but we'll see I guess.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I would, but I don't think the team will. I think they were ready to move on from him months ago, but we'll see I guess.

They have been ready to move on, and we have had this discussion since last cut day.

But they cant. 

Because they see what he could do with another team

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

They have been ready to move on, and we have had this discussion since last cut day.

But they cant. 

Because they see what he could do with another team

I think Moore should be able to utilize Gathers. At least, I hope so.

9 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Everything I've heard on Rico is that football is just a side thing for him. My old boss knows him and talks about how into music he is. Obviously the natural talent is through the roof, but if he doesn't want to access it, then we're wasting time.

I heard he is dumb as a bag of hammers and cannot grasp the playbook. 

But he does have mad natural talent.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

But he does have mad natural talent.

Does he though?

I feel like we are fooling ourselves here believing he really has a high ceiling. David Irving has "mad natural talent".

While Rico can make the occasional impressive catch on a 50-50 ball, there's not a lot else. For a tight end, he doesn't run well, have great agility, and his body control is average.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Does he though?

While Rico can make the occasional impressive catch on a 50-50 ball, there's not a lot else. For a tight end, he doesn't run well, have great agility, and his body control is average.

At 6'6" 275 pounds he doesn't run well? He clocked a 4.75 at his pro day. I would love to hear what running well at 6'6" 275 pounds means to you.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

At 6'6" 275 pounds he doesn't run well? He clocked a 4.75 at his pro day. I would love to hear what running well at 6'6" 275 pounds means to you.

I said he doesn't run well "for a tight end". His straight line speed is ok. Better than his agility looks in his routes. The clip you should, he got up and made the contested catch, which is exactly what I said his one strength is. 

I do think you are taking my statement as a stronger criticism than it was intended. I think he has pretty good natural talents rather than "mad natural talents". And pretty good natural talents for a guy that seems to barely care about or work on his craft isn't very valuable.

Archived