2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, PapaShogun said:

But he won't be a 49er :(

That's okay. As I said later, I don't know that he's shanny's type of receiver anyway, and I don't think we need to utilize that high of a pick on the position. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

@y2lamanaki

Give us your thoughts on your team's Miles Boykin !!!! Did you get to watch much of him through the years? I remember moments when I said to self, "this kid's gonna be special when he hits the pros." I thought he wasn't a senior or declaring, since I saw no source having him anywhere in the early-mid rounds. Ooops. 

200.webp?cid=3640f6095c7b108c2f4d61462ef

He never really did a whole lot until this past year. He can be really impressive and do amazing things. And I wouldn't be surprised if Notre Dame's offense held him back.

36 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

He never really did a whole lot until this past year. He can be really impressive and do amazing things. And I wouldn't be surprised if Notre Dame's offense held him back.

About what I figured, after looking a little more. You have a draft area in mind for him? and have you had time to really dig into the draft stuff so far? 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

All of the drills should be televised. 

Definitely. Even if they have to do that picture in picture arrangement to get their lame commercials in, they shouldn't cut free from chunks of player action on the field. 

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Definitely. Even if they have to do that picture in picture arrangement to get their lame commercials in, they shouldn't cut free from chunks of player action on the field. 

They could easily just put it all online with commercials etc 

Intriguing comparison from Ozzy in the Draft section here:

Julio Jones 6-3 220

6.66: in 3 cone
4.25: in 20 shuttle
135: Broad jump
38.5: Vertical 

4.39: 40 yard time
17: Bench

Myles Boykin 6-3 220

6.77: in 3 cone
4.07: in 20 shuttle
140: Broad jump
43.5: Vertical 

4.42: 40 yard time
12: Bench

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7b4be549596f5277

watched a vid of him moments ago, and maybe it's that #81, but he looks like Owens 

I still don't understand why Kevin White busted. I know injuries, but when he was finally healthy he was basically phased out in Chicago's offense. Someone help me understand. He's a FA this offseason. Maybe Shanahan and bros can help him? He's gonna be cheap.

28 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Kevin White 6-3 215

6.92: in 3 cone
4.14: in 20 shuttle
123: Broad jump
36.5: Vertical 

4.35: 40 yard time
23: Bench

just saying combine results dont mean too much 

They matter, but for confirmation. Combine results should match what you see in tape. If they don't, either positively or negatively, you need to reevaluate

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

They matter, but for confirmation. Combine results should match what you see in tape. If they don't, either positively or negatively, you need to reevaluate

Yep, that was the point I was trying to get across more than anything 

52 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I still don't understand why Kevin White busted. I know injuries, but when he was finally healthy he was basically phased out in Chicago's offense. Someone help me understand. He's a FA this offseason. Maybe Shanahan and bros can help him? He's gonna be cheap.

He came from Baylor which was a spread offense so he wasn't used to facing certain types of coverages and was used to having wide open space 

Injuries can do a lot to shake a guy's confidence

Also, the bears have had absolutely incompetent offensive coaches and some pretty bad QB play 

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

He came from Baylor which was a spread offense so he wasn't used to facing certain types of coverages and was used to having wide open space 

Also injuries can do a lot to shake a guy's confidence

He went to West Virginia, not Baylor....but your point is valid. Also, straight line speed is great and all but short-area quickness and COD skills are far more important to getting open in the NFL and White really lacks when it comes to the latter. 

And honestly, I don't think he played as fast as he timed. I remembered ppl we're really questioning his speed before the Combine and then he ran aburdly faster than most ppl thought. Kids can manipulate the Combine. If you train hard enough and dillegently enough, you can improve your timed 40 if you focus solely on how to run your 40 and incoperate certain track techniques. I remember Jason Hill running a sub 4.4 when he was prospect and there were major questions about his speed. Never looked that fast when he was on the field though and couldn't separate from a CB to save his life. But it happens all the time...film doesn't lie when figuring out who can separate and who can't. But the spread does make it a little harder to judge WRs in this day and age.

Archived