2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Raiders in consideration for DJ over Williams/edge rusher/etc? Maaaaaaaaan. 

I think they have to be given the problems with the receiving core. I wouldn't put money on it, especially with them having 3 more picks in the really sweet spot for receivers in this draft at the end of round 1 / early round 2. But It's Gruden, so who the hell knows. I'm not convinced they don't go Murray / Haskins if one of them is still there at #4. I'm basically justing putting everyone as "possible" for the Raiders LOL

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Rosen also was in the worst situation from any QB. If the Giants like him more than Haskins, then it makes some sense to do that trade no? Or I guess they can do high 2nd plus additional picks. 

Bad situation or no, just the fact that he has a year less on his contract has to depreciate his value somewhat. Plus, the Giants had a chance to take Rosen last year and they passed him up for Barkley. Sure, in and of itself that doesn't mean a ton, but still. My gut is that they would like Haskins more, but again, just my gut.  Add to that the fact that Rosen was QB 4 in that class, and I just don't know how high anyone was on him to be perfectly honest. Kind of just seems like the Cards got "stuck" with him to some degree. 

Maybe they can finagle pick 15 out of Washington for Rosen? If they did, I think that's a huge win. I think 2 + futures is the most likely scenario though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No team has more needs than the Cards. They are a complete mess…. Well, not defensively but you get my point lol. Rosen can still get them some nice draft picks which they desperately need. 

True but why take the cap hit for just a 3rd round pick. I don't think that really helps them more than just having Rosen be the back-up and maybe if he shows something in preseason you can get more for him. Trading him now for anything less than a first or at the very least a top ten pick in the 2nd round would be a misstake in my eyes even with all the needs they have.

I think Murray is going #1 to some team. But my point was that if a HC with a young QB is just our right telling people it's a done deal of them taking Murray. That smells of smokescreen. And Kliff seems to the type to have no problem coming back later and say yeah i was lying so what.

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

True but why take the cap hit for just a 3rd round pick. I don't think that really helps them more than just having Rosen be the back-up and maybe if he shows something in preseason you can get more for him. Trading him now for anything less than a first or at the very least a top ten pick in the 2nd round would be a misstake in my eyes even with all the needs they have.

Well yeah, but they wouldn't trade him for anything less than a high 2nd and additional picks. I think they can get a 1st rounder for him, maybe from the Broncos? Or a team picking in the mid-teens. But they won't just get rid of him for a 3rd rounder, not happening. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well yeah, but they wouldn't trade him for anything less than a high 2nd and additional picks. I think they can get a 1st rounder for him, maybe from the Broncos? Or a team picking in the mid-teens. But they won't just get rid of him for a 3rd rounder, not happening. 

That was my whole point i was making. That i could see it happen they don't trade them. Not because they don't want to but because nobody wants to give them what they want.

Archived