2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Have to say 7,10 for the three cone is a bit disapointing for Bosa.

Very much so. That's well behind his brother, and the three cone is possibly the most important metric for pass rushers. But his shuttle was also very good, so I'm a little confused to be honest. I mean, did he stumble or slip up or something during the 3 cone? Just seems like an odd outlier thus far. I have this weird feeling that he may run that again at the pro day. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very much so. That's well behind his brother, and the three cone is possibly the most important metric for pass rushers. But his shuttle was also very good, so I'm a little confused to be honest. I mean, did he stumble or slip up or something during the 3 cone? Just seems like an odd outlier thus far. I have this weird feeling that he may run that again at the pro day. 

Yeah its a strange one. Almost everything he is a little better than his brother except broad jump where the difference is 4 inch in Joey's favor and then the 3 cone where the difference is 2 tenths. Shame they never show these other drills and basically only show the 40 and the on field drills for like half the guys.

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Disagree, I'm pretty big on psychology and have seen people that just aren't good at communicating and when people attack them they just shut down. They already feel uncomfortable being in that setting as that is something they aren't accustomed to and when someone just attacks them, it kills them mentally. 

Now, Polite legitimately may not take criticism well or react well to coaching, I don't know. But I'm just saying what I've noticed with people that has nothing to do with football. 

And I would argue that all those things you listed are potential flags. Combined with his poor testing and rumors, seems like there’s credence to his personality and coachability. He’s still a great prospect, but If he has issues with taking criticism, especially in a setting like the combine, which exists to challenge you, then it’s a concern.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

And I would argue that all those things you listed are potential flags. Combined with his poor testing and rumors, seems like there’s credence to his personality and coachability. He’s still a great prospect, but If he has issues with taking criticism, especially in a setting like the combine, which exists to challenge you, then it’s a concern.

Again, in Polite's case it can be considered red flags and maybe he just isn't coachable. Not arguing that. Just talking in general though. And not like Polite is the only prospect we are doing this with, seems like that is what they are doing with everyone. I've already said I get why they are doing that, but it won't lead to accurate results as some just aren't used to of that setting and aren't great communicators. So when they get attacked, they don't know how to articulate themselves in a way like say a guy like McGlinchey or Wilson or Sherman may be able to do so.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I find it interesting that Allen is working out with the linebackers, but guys like polite and Burns were working out with the linemen. Wonder if that means anything

He just wanted to sleep longer this morning.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I get in a sense but don't really agree with it. But this probably leads them to drafting guys like McGlinchey who are great at interviewing. They have to understand some guys just aren't comfortable in this setting and don't react well to having their character questioned. 

People who react poorly to having their character questioned probably have questionable character in the first place.

Archived