2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Thanks, @John232 and @Forge.  I was afraid that was the answer. I asked because he rushed from the outside in college, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I was hoping he was picked with thought toward the future on the outside. While forward thinking in anticipating loss at some positions, Street remains a very 'meh' pick for me. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Thanks, @John232 and @Forge.  I was afraid that was the answer. I asked because he rushed from the outside in college, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I was hoping he was picked with thought toward the future on the outside. While forward thinking in anticipating loss at some positions, Street remains a very 'meh' pick for me. 

Yeah, i wasn't big on it. But given his versatility and the impending contract situations, he could still turn out to be a good pick. He is freakishly strong apparently and displays good athleticism overall, which on some level means a good ceiling. But yeah..would have preferred a true edge. 

From Middlekauff regarding Casserly's report that Murray was not good in leadership, study habits or board work. 

This was news to many, including myself. So I texted around. A source told me Murray basically admitted he didn’t like watching too much film. He also really struggled on the board and going over film at identifying what was going on. Yet he acted like he knew everything. It was really bad from what I heard. This team came away very unimpressed. Now, this same source also told me he definitely expects Murray to be the first pick in the draft to Arizona. So what does it really matter if he interviewed poorly with other teams? If Arizona is smitten, that is all that really matters.

I wonder if in the weeks leading up to the draft, we get the other end of the pendulum with Murray. So far, everyone has been fawning all over him, lauding him about everything. I wonder if we start to hear more negative things as we get closer to the draft. 

Multiple teams inquired about Arizona Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen's trade availability at the NFL scouting combine last week, two league sources who spoke to the Cardinals told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Cardinals, however, did not give those teams any indication that they are willing to move on from Rosen at this time, the sources told Schefter.

This does not mean that the Cardinals won't wind up shopping Rosen eventually, but they haven't to date.

I tend to believe Schefty more than other reporters, he's right more often than he is wrong, so this does dampen the Murray talk just a bit

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I tend to believe Schefty more than other reporters, he's right more often than he is wrong, so this does dampen the Murray talk just a bit

Sorry, no report like this is going to change my opinion here. Murray is going #1. TOO many different reporters have stated so. Trade talks for Rosen should pick up just before the draft. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sorry, no report like this is going to change my opinion here. Murray is going #1. TOO many different reporters have stated so. Trade talks for Rosen should pick up just before the draft. 

The thing is, a lot of those sources aren't exactly known for their accuracy. Guys like Tony Pauline are often ridiculed for that kind stuff (and he was the first one to start this stuff). So we will see. 

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing is, a lot of those sources aren't exactly known for their accuracy. Guys like Tony Pauline are often ridiculed for that kind stuff (and he was the first one to start this stuff). So we will see. 

At this point it will be an upset if they go don't go Murray. 

20 minutes ago, John232 said:

Anyone else ok with Rizner in the second? He could probably play guard, but people are glowing about him and would be a scheme fit, iirc. 

If you mean Dalton Risner of Kansas St., I don't believe he will last into the 2nd. If he did, YES!

25 minutes ago, John232 said:

Anyone else ok with Rizner in the second? He could probably play guard, but people are glowing about him and would be a scheme fit, iirc. 

Would I be okay with him? Yeah. Do I think we will go that direction? No. I seriously feel like that second picked is almost locked into being a receiver unless we acquire someone in trade / FA. 

Archived