2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

17 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’m confused @Forge, are you now a fan of Butler?

I think he's fine. Always have. Just don't love him.

But he runs a sub 4.5 with those measurables, I'd like him more. But more to the point, he runs that and it's crazy chaos on his draft stock, which is always fun :)

33 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

249 lbs is great for Burns. He bulked up a little, now can he keep his speed and explosiveness?

That's such a huge thing for his weight to be there. I mean, really huge. He could go home now and he'd still be a big winner at this combine

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

oh small hands?

Weird hand size measurements given the rest of his frame, still, don't think it really impacts him much except maybe in ball skills in coverage. Not a big deal. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Weird hand size measurements given the rest of his frame, still, don't think it really impacts him much except maybe in ball skills in coverage. Not a big deal. 

having small hands is/was an issue with Solomon Thomas? I just remember some folks talking about it.

30 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Would have expected both to be much lighter... CONSPIRACY!

I usually subtract a few pounds from the combine weight just because it's really easy to inflate your weight for known weigh ins for guys who have need to be heavier. 

That being said, I'm more surprised with how small some of them are measuring in height wise. Well off their listed heights. I think Bosa was listed at 6'5"-6'6". Others I thought were going to be in that range were about an inch to two inches smaller as well. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

having small hands is/was an issue with Solomon Thomas? I just remember some folks talking about it.

Nah, and obviously he still went third overall. I can't really think of anything hand size would meaningfully impact for a pass rusher to be honest. I mean, maybe a specific pass rush move like a push and pull or something? 

Archived