2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

22 minutes ago, John232 said:

Burns is a lock to go top 10 now, imo. 

Way too early for that in my opinion. He was a Fringe first rounder to a lot of people. The weight helps, but shouldn't sway opinion that much, particularly before any drills

If anything, I think Burns' weight can help solidify his spot in the top 20, by easing concerns of his ability to anchor or win with power vs the pros. 

( I wouldn't complain if we trade back and get him in the teens )

Did Jonah not know that that was his hero ( Joe Thomas ) that greeted him at the end???? Not much of a reaction, damn, these kids are unflappable eh?  

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Way too early for that in my opinion. He was a Fringe first rounder to a lot of people. The weight helps, but shouldn't sway opinion that much, particularly before any drills

I agree with this, but I think Burns and Sweat both go higher than they should. I honestly could see the Dolphins and Packers scoop up both back to back as they need pass rushers. I think Polite, Burns, and Sweat are 20-32 pick prospects, but I can see all three going in the top 15. 

I love the low key gamesmanship being done by Lynch over Kyler Murray. How he loves him, he's a great quarterback, electric, yadda yadda yadda. 

Translation? 

"Take him at #1 AZ, you know you want to...or if you still don't, I know one of you quarterback needy teams needs to move up to number 2 for this fantastic quarterback prospect and give up a boat load to do it"

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I agree with this, but I think Burns and Sweat both go higher than they should. I honestly could see the Dolphins and Packers scoop up both back to back as they need pass rushers. I think Polite, Burns, and Sweat are 20-32 pick prospects, but I can see all three going in the top 15. 

The Packers is where I have a tentative bookmark for the top of Burns' (and other edge rushers as well) range. It's just really hard to find a spot for Burns inside the top 10 unless a team like the Jets or Raiders really, really like him, and I don't know if they will pass up superior talents just to draft for the edge, particularly the Raiders, who have two more picks in the first round and should have an excellent shot at still acquiring an edge rusher there. Then there's a matter of what teams prefer which edge rushers. 3-4 teams may prefer Burns over guys like Ferrell and Gary, while 4-3 teams will possibly prefer the latter. 

“I can tell you with him, and I don’t get into the practice of talking about each one of these guys, but the one thing I was impressed with is he showed up. He wasn’t cleared to play in that game, but he showed up, he stayed around and he kind of became a leader of that squad when he wasn’t even playing. That really impressed with me John. He’s a very talented football player. His film speaks volumes. I think if John keeps handling himself like he has, he’s going to do just fine"

Lynch in regards to Johnathan Abram

To say burns was a lock was strong, but last years tape was already that of a top 20 prospect, the fact that he now has a very, very nice looking height/weight/frame to fill combo +legitimately great tape and (arguably) the most well rounded prospect sans Bosa and Allen for the edge position..idk, if he dropped past 15 I would be completely and utterly shocked. 

23 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

If we don't get Williams, I definitely don't want to see him end up in our division.

We already have to prepare for Aaron Donald twice a year. We might as well prepare for Williams as well.

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

To defeat a bull rush, a benefit beyond anchor is to use your own hands to disrupt the hands latched onto you.

To better do that, give me the big powerful hands over wimpy child hands every time. :P 

Power may begin from the core and legs... but it connects through... the arms... then the hands last. 

Napoleon and Trump had/have small hands, yet had a ton of power.

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would be hilarious if true

At 6, yes. I've pegged Jones to the Giants at the back of round 1 or with their round 2 pick for about a month now. The thought with the Giants is that they still subscribe to Bill Parcells' ideology of QB's which means they have to check off a bunch of boxes like height, college production, off the field stuff, etc. and Jones fits their mold better than any other QB. 

26 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

At 6, yes. I've pegged Jones to the Giants at the back of round 1 or with their round 2 pick for about a month now. The thought with the Giants is that they still subscribe to Bill Parcells' ideology of QB's which means they have to check off a bunch of boxes like height, college production, off the field stuff, etc. and Jones fits their mold better than any other QB. 

I said the exact same thing. That is such a dark age ideology that they seem to be locked into IMO. I have NEVER been impressed with Jones. I don't care if Cutcliffe was his coach and he's supposed to be some QB whisperer because of his work with Peyton Manning, he just never impressed his entire career in the ACC. Every time he played UVA he was good for at least 2 bonehead ints a game where he just forced the ball into coverage. I just don't see it with him.

Archived