2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I didn't see one media outlet that had us taking McG last year....not one. Thomas wasn't a hard one to crack...

No, the McGlinchey to SF talks DEFINITELY started to pop up about a week or so from the draft. Miller/Maiocco/others were all on it. 

Just now, Forge said:

I mean, I'm sure we have interest in him. How much interest? That's debatable. Enough to move up a spot and give ammunition to a divisional rival? I don't know. If a quarterback goes number 1, Bosa would be my odds on favorite for us to take at #2. Nothing to back that up, just my own gut feeling on what the FO would do in that situation. 

I agree, if he's there he will probably be the pick. I just don't believe they like him enough to do for the Cards what the Bears did for us a couple of years ago...just don't see it.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it came on hard core about 3 days before the actual draft or whatever. As @NcFinest9erFan alluded to, whenever that Peter King note was. Then everyone sort of picked up on it and the day before or two days before, a lot of people were commenting that it was possible. 

Ah yes, totally forgot Peter King was the main one. But Maiocco started to get on that trail and Matt Miller started also mentioning the rumblings of McGlinchey to SF maybe a day or two before the draft.

But trust me, that pick didn't come out of left field. By the day of the draft, damn near all of us were expecting McGlinchey to be the pick. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, the McGlinchey to SF talks DEFINITELY started to pop up about a week or so from the draft. Miller/Maiocco/others were all on it. 

Not this early though is what I'm saying. And those are beat writers...I expect them to be a little more in the loop than national media outlets

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Not this early though is what I'm saying. And those are beat writers...I expect them to be a little more in the loop than national media outlets

This point of the year? Maybe not, but we also had the 9th pick opposed to having the 2nd pick. The Solomon Thomas to SF hype in 2017 did start around this time though. I guess even the Buckner to SF buzz.

Either way, it should be obvious we have  interest in Bosa. I mean that is the biggest position of need and he is arguably the best player in the draft. I don't think we will trade up to #1 to snag him, but good chance that may not be needed with a QB needy team jumping up to #1. 

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Hmm, maybe I'm not remembering it correctly. I really thought it was farther out because I remember being bummed that people kept mocking him to us (I feel dumb about that now). Regardless, it seems like the past two years, it was obvious to everyone who the niners wanted. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This point of the year? Maybe not, but we also had the 9th pick opposed to having the 2nd pick. The Solomon Thomas to SF hype in 2017 did start around this time though. I guess even the Buckner to SF buzz.

Either way, it should be obvious we have  interest in Bosa. I mean that is the biggest position of need and he is arguably the best player in the draft. I don't think we will trade up to #1 to snag him, but good chance that may not be needed with a QB needy team jumping up to #1. 

We could take back another year with the Arik Armstead buzz too

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah not buying it. We have no reason to jump up to #1 with Allen available at #2. Now if we were at pick 3 I'd understand that trade up scenario. If Arz wants to take Bosa that leaves Murray on the board for us to dangle out there. 

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I actually am looking at Bradbury as a guy that we may want to take. Would be a great fit in the ZBS...I had him on my short list of middle round picks I was going to use on the TCMD. Great to see that. He's a little older than I prefer my prospects to be, but I think he's a very solid prospect. 

Archived