BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You're gonna love us like a robot?  

Considering the robots they're coming out with now...I just have one word.

Kinky.

I guess that explains what you've been up to. 

Anyway I want Hockey in the league. That's priority one for me. Having an owner like him walk away for nothing is the worst outcome. Priority two is doing so without having to do something that smells a lot like collusion (giving Wilson). Priority three is no contraction. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jlash said:

Well I've been the Camden Hoodrats since I took the team over, then he and his co-owner at the time went back and forth forever about names and came up with the Compton Black Panthers. So it was basically a west coast rip off of my team. 

Because Black Panther and Hood rats are the same thing huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

If footsy is willing to not take a co-owner for at least the next calendar year to show his commitment, my suggestion and hope would be for hockey and EP to take Compton straight up and footsy gets another chance.  if footsy doesn't show his commitment, then we groom some new co-owners to take over.

What exactly does this help? Hockey has already said he doesn't want Compton. I'm not sure why that keeps being put on the table. And Footy being so gracious as to dump a 20K/year QB who hasn't won him anything "on the cheap" because he's got his replacement lined up does NOT work for this league. Those moves can't be allowed. 

We let Footy barely show up again for a year and then we're right back in this same spot. 

If @Hockey5djh wants to take Compton and use all those picks to build the team the real way, that's fine. If he doesn't, then we can vote on him taking over Orlando because Footy has already proven to be more of a hinderance to the league than he is a help. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What exactly does this help? Hockey has already said he doesn't want Compton. I'm not sure why that keeps being put on the table. And Footy being so gracious as to dump a 20K/year QB who hasn't won him anything "on the cheap" because he's got his replacement lined up does NOT work for this league. Those moves can't be allowed. 

We let Footy barely show up again for a year and then we're right back in this same spot. 

If @Hockey5djh wants to take Compton and use all those picks to build the team the real way, that's fine. If he doesn't, then we can vote on him taking over Orlando because Footy has already proven to be more of a hinderance to the league than he is a help. 

If that is what hockey decides, then that's what he decides.  And I agree that dumping Wilson shouldn't be allowed.

Well, we need to get more co-owners anyway in case of inactivity.  

No disagreements here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If that is what hockey decides, then that's what he decides.

I hate to be that guy but I think dumping it back on me kinda sucks.

Give me another night to wrap my mind around Compton as I've only really looked at the team casually unlike my Orlando. That said I've pretty consistently pushed it off for various reasons, most notably the way I watched people put in the work and just get pooped on weekly for not having a QB so I'm not sure why I'd change my mind at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I hate to be that guy but I think dumping it back on me kinda sucks.

Give me another night to wrap my mind around Compton as I've only really looked at the team casually unlike my Orlando. That said I've pretty consistently pushed it off for various reasons, most notably the way I watched people put in the work and just get pooped on weekly for not having a QB so I'm not sure why I'd change my mind at this point.

Sorry if it comes off that way.

I think basically everyone is in agreement that you have earned the right to whichever team you decide you'd rather run.  Whichever team you'd have more fun being in charge of.