BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I hate to be that guy but I think dumping it back on me kinda sucks.

Give me another night to wrap my mind around Compton as I've only really looked at the team casually unlike my Orlando. That said I've pretty consistently pushed it off for various reasons, most notably the way I watched people put in the work and just get pooped on weekly for not having a QB so I'm not sure why I'd change my mind at this point.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Sorry if it comes off that way.

I think basically everyone is in agreement that you have earned the right to whichever team you decide you'd rather run.  Whichever team you'd have more fun being in charge of.  

Like I PM'd you, say you want Orlando and we'll start the vote. I figured everyone would react by asking you to take Compton, but you and I have spoken enough that I know what the actual answer is. 

32 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What exactly does this help? Hockey has already said he doesn't want Compton. I'm not sure why that keeps being put on the table. And Footy being so gracious as to dump a 20K/year QB who hasn't won him anything "on the cheap" because he's got his replacement lined up does NOT work for this league. Those moves can't be allowed. 

We let Footy barely show up again for a year and then we're right back in this same spot. 

If @Hockey5djh wants to take Compton and use all those picks to build the team the real way, that's fine. If he doesn't, then we can vote on him taking over Orlando because Footy has already proven to be more of a hinderance to the league than he is a help. 

Mahomes was still an NFL back-up when I proposed this idea. You guys are giving me way too much credit here.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Dude, Alex Smith leaving the Chiefs this offseason was an absolute certainty.

You see how he's STILL playing the game? I don't know how you can be ok with him still participating.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You see how he's STILL playing the game? I don't know how you can be ok with him still participating.

Compton gets

Russell Wilson

Orlando keeps

Russell Wilson salary

Edited by MD4L

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What are you guys talking about? I will fully admit I like Patrick Mahomes long-term, but I fail to see how giving up on an elite level QB in Russell Wilson when I have a guy that has never thrown an NFL touchdown behind him is viewed as me trying to screw someone over. But whatever, you guys clearly don't want to go that direction. Fine by me. I'll just say I am open to working out a legal trade with Hockey for any of my QBs if that is what he needs to be excited about running Compton. 

Shouldn't we have like a separate thread for the owners meeting? 

Also Charleston would like to welcome future HOF QB Dak Prescott to the team. Oh and Shaq Lawson too I guess. 

9614425.jpg

Also we're moving to Sydney Australia because as much as I like Charleston there are no god damn dingoes here and it turns out building a stadium designed by a dingo with an arts degree was a terrible idea. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

What are you guys talking about? I will fully admit I like Patrick Mahomes long-term, but I fail to see how giving up on an elite level QB in Russell Wilson when I have a guy that has never thrown an NFL touchdown behind him is viewed as me trying to screw someone over. But whatever, you guys clearly don't want to go that direction. Fine by me. I'll just say I am open to working out a legal trade with Hockey for any of my QBs if that is what he needs to be excited about running Compton. 

You said he was an NFL back-up when you made the offer.  When everyone and their mother knew he would be starting this year in KC.  So even if you thought he was actually the back-up at the time, it wasn't an entirely honest statement cause Alex Smith was not gonna be in KC next year.  And realistically, he became the starter the second the Chiefs' season ended, so still not entirely honest.  

That's the issue.