BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

39 minutes ago, Whicker said:

In the past if you didn't vote on at least 4/8 games, you were automatically given a loss for that week. This past offseason, we expanded that to include commenting on games as well. I believe salary cap penalties were proposed but not officially decided upon.

@Counselor, I am assuming the best of intentions from you on this, but I have to call you out. You voted against PR at 12:26 pm CST on Sunday and against me two minutes later without comment on either. That's not even 30 minutes after kickoff. With the exceptions of voting for yourself and against people who missed gameplans (which is why there were some early votes on the Orlando game), voting should take place after all the games are concluded. We post the game threads on Sunday to ensure that no one waited on a player performance before submitting. Again, I am assuming the best intentions from you as PR and I are both behind in the voting currently, but it does look suspicious when you don't wait for the games to play out, you don't comment, and you happened to vote against two of your division rivals.

That's my bad I am going off of the game plans not the player performances. They are playing in different systems and against different players with different teammates in real life. You want me to base my votes on their real life performances?

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

That's my bad I am going off of the game plans not the player performances. They are playing in different systems and against different players with different teammates in real life. You want me to base my votes on their real life performances?

No. Vote how you think is best. If you don't want to take a guy's RL performance into account as much as others, then that's no problem. Others vote similarly. But I do think you should wait until you have all the information available to you. If I voted before the games I wouldn't have given Compton proper credit for Cohen, for example. I also think you should take the time to type a short comment, especially if you're making an early vote. As you may have seen, the comment doesn't have to be detailed at all. A simple "Berlin had the better gameplan in this one" would suffice and greatly reduce suspicion.

I am not accusing you of cheating nor do I want your votes to be nullified.

Edited by Whicker

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

I'm trying something new this year, though I guess some (most) won't like it. I've put the players into teams in a simulation engine (video game) and computer summed the result. That will be my vote. I'll also be adding to the comments the score and key stats (offence only). The only exception is my own games (and this week the Orlando game due to it being late).

I mean you do you, but at least consider the gameplans as well is all I ask. 

52 minutes ago, Whicker said:

No. Vote how you think is best. If you don't want to take a guy's RL performance into account as much as others, then that's no problem. Others vote similarly. But I do think you should wait until you have all the information available to you. If I voted before the games I wouldn't have given Compton proper credit for Cohen, for example. I also think you should take the time to type a short comment, especially if you're making an early vote. As you may have seen, the comment doesn't have to be detailed at all. A simple "Berlin had the better gameplan in this one" would suffice and greatly reduce suspicion.

I am not accusing you of cheating nor do I want your votes to be nullified.

I will wait in the future.

58 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I mean you do you, but at least consider the gameplans as well is all I ask. 

I  read the gameplans and made the generic playbook fit what was being described, run heavy, west coast etc. I even went as far as to find out the weather as at Sunday 6PM local time to the game and made weather conditions match. I haven't half-assed it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

I  read the gameplans and made the generic playbook fit what was being described, run heavy, west coast etc. I even went as far as to find out the weather as at Sunday 6PM local time to the game and made weather conditions match. I haven't half-assed it!

Hahaha looking at your game sims are hilarious.