BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Lukic declares he's tanking and then trades one of his worst lineman and a tweener with a long injury history for a 2nd. Who was it that traded you Tom Brady for a 5th again @WFLukic and what are you telling people to give you such great trades?

Haha that was md4l and xmad with the 5th for Brady.

I offered like a 2nd, Romo and Scandrick for Brady. 

Kuechly with another concussion. Damn. Hope he's alright.

Some of you questioned me trading him away, but being on the hook for 11k a year for a guy that's possibly a hit away from a season/career ender isn't ideal even if he is the best LBer in the league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

The fact anyone approves that whack trade shows the issue with this league. Dingo should be placed on trade probation. 

1.  in order for the trade committee to void a trade, the trade would have to be detrimental to the competitive balance of the league.  

2.  Whitehair was a stud last year.  Banking a late first on him returning to that form on a cheap contract isn't bad.  I mean...C is arguably the most important OL position due to calling signals and keeping the pocket from collapsing.  if Whitehair goes back to being a stud...the trade was very, very even.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  in order for the trade committee to void a trade, the trade would have to be detrimental to the competitive balance of the league.  

2.  Whitehair was a stud last year.  Banking a late first on him returning to that form on a cheap contract isn't bad.  I mean...C is arguably the most important OL position due to calling signals and keeping the pocket from collapsing.  if Whitehair goes back to being a stud...the trade was very, very even.  

I don't agree with this claim. He played well because his supporting staff was healthier. Defend it all you want. It was trash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

Another one bites the dust? Shame I really liked counselor too. 

For the evening... before I said anything else stupid. Can't get rid of me that easily. I had been drinking so my frustrations were likely amplified due to that.

Edited by Counselor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

For the evening... before I said anything else stupid. Can't get rid of me that easily. I had been drinking so my frustrations were likely amplified due to that.

It's a bad deal, it's not an unfair deal.