Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

BIgBoii

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

but then you factor in Bilal Powell for 178 attempts at 772 yards vs. Duke Johnson's 82 attempts for 348 yards & yeah.....

Duke had over 1000 rushing/receiving last year, Powell did not.

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

Jets upgraded their 5 win OLine

That is a silly way to look at anything.

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

Gassed off Jarvis Landry like he's an elite WR.

Made up

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

Already putting Antonio Callaway in for ROY honors? Lmao

Made up

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

Oh & Njoku.....can we please stop acting like his rookie year was the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates or Gronk?

Made up

5 hours ago, DowNY said:

This bleed dude obviously said the Jets are historically worse than the Browns as a franchise. That's not talking about current group of anything.

Which is true. When someone craps on the Browns history, I thought it was important to wave my finger in his face. I'm petty ASF.

@KingOfTheDot brought up the past. I was trying to talk about RIGHT NOW before he wanted to talk about how bad the Browns have been as evidence for why we won't be good now. That's why I brought it up.

I'm done arguing with these simpletons. They have blinders on and refuse to see how poorly their roster is constructed. Some of the takes in here have made me want to vomit. Ours isn't much better, but it is most certainly better. I think the Jets have the worst assembly of offensive talent in the NFL thinking off the top of my head. The Colts are pretty bad too.

Is there a non-Jets fan out there that thinks their team has a better offense when not factoring in the QB? The answer is no. If you don't like the rest of the world crapping on your crappy roster, there is a Jets forum where you can be around other brainwashed people.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I'm just saying in general. We get considered this laughing stock of a team thats all. Also great way to make my point by just naming names lol. 

So let me ask you this, Mr. Einstein:

How can we talk about who has a better offense without discussing names?

You're right. We are totally proving the argument for you by naming the players we have on offense.

I'm 4 reelz done tho. We can revisit this after the season when the Jets offense looks as hearty as Mary-Kate Olsen.

35 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

So let me ask you this, Mr. Einstein:

How can we talk about who has a better offense without discussing names?

You're right. We are totally proving the argument for you by naming the players we have on offense.

I'm 4 reelz done tho. We can revisit this after the season when the Jets offense looks as hearty as Mary-Kate Olsen.

If you're done why ask me a question?

To answer it, anyway, you guys are going off of name value or lets called it "reputation."

The only Brown who has outproduced any Jet by a wide margin is Gordon and he can't even stay on the field.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Duke had over 1000 rushing/receiving last year, Powell did not.

That is a silly way to look at anything.

Made up

Made up

Made up

ok dope, he was less than 60 yards away from doing so because Forte was taking snaps from him. Cool.

Sounds like an excuse by calling things silly & made up when facts are right there.

And y'all are just comparing offensive personnel. Scheme fit is just as important. Look at Goff and his play under a coach that fits him better with similar personnel. I would say Darnold and Bates are a much better match than Baker and Haley. Haley will need to change his scheme to fit Baker. So there's unknowns there. Whereas Darnold fits Bates' system as is. Less variables for Darnold.

And since we are debating careers. There's a significant chance this time next year Baker will be learning a new playbook. Whereas there's a slight to moderate chance Darnold will be learning a new playbook. Having to learn a new playbook will be a setback. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This dude really thinks the Browns are legit.

0 wins last year

1 in 2 years

4 in 3 years 

But again all this talent.

Jets had more wins last year than you bums totaled in the past 3.

Is being the tallest midget being anything worth bragging about?  The Jets have one winning season since 2010, and they didn't even make the playoffs.  They've averaged 6.5 wins over that same period.  The Browns have averaged 3.5 wins over that same period.  Congratulations, you win the award for being the best at continual mediocrity.  It's a HUGE award.

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

And y'all are just comparing offensive personnel. Scheme fit is just as important. Look at Goff and his play under a coach that fits him better with similar personnel. I would say Darnold and Bates are a much better match than Baker and Haley. Haley will need to change his scheme to fit Baker. So there's unknowns there. Whereas Darnold fits Bates' system as is. Less variables for Darnold.

And since we are debating careers. There's a significant chance this time next year Baker will be learning a new playbook. Whereas there's a slight to moderate chance Darnold will be learning a new playbook. Having to learn a new playbook will be a setback. 

Except you don't really want Darnold slinging it all around.  In fact, I'd argue that you'd switch the OC and they'd do better than they would under their current structures.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except you don't really want Darnold slinging it all around.  In fact, I'd argue that you'd switch the OC and they'd do better than they would under their current structures.

You think so? Bates runs a WCO and rolls out a bit. If you look at the areas Darnold excelled at in college, that ties nicely. He excelled in the short to intermediate space and he is really good QB on the move. 

Conversely, Baker excelled in similar areas. However, Haley would have to make adjustments. So that creates some uncertainty. Will he be able? Maybe? 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You think so? Bates runs a WCO and rolls out a bit. If you look at the areas Darnold excelled at in college, that ties nicely. He excelled in the short to intermediate space and he is really good QB on the move. 

I want Baker being Baker.  That means a moving pocket, misdirection, etc.  Todd Haley's offensive scheme tends to be a bit more vanilla from what I remember.  Calling Darnold a game manager is selling him short, but he's also not a guy you want to throw it 40+ times a game.  I think with a solid running game, which at this point I feel like the Browns running game is going to be more productive than the Jets.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I want Baker being Baker.  That means a moving pocket, misdirection, etc.  Todd Haley's offensive scheme tends to be a bit more vanilla from what I remember.  Calling Darnold a game manager is selling him short, but he's also not a guy you want to throw it 40+ times a game.  I think with a solid running game, which at this point I feel like the Browns running game is going to be more productive than the Jets.

Right. That's sort of what I am trying to say. Haley's offense doesn't play to Baker's strength which is playing fast and making quick reads, playing on the move and all that stuff. He can change his stuff. But that's something that has to be factored in.

In terms of pass and run ratios. We'll have to see what happens.  Part of the reason why Bates was promoted and Morton was let go was because Bowles wanted more of a balance. So I wouldn't expect him to be slinging the rock around.

Just now, SDotNova said:

Right. That's sort of what I am trying to say. Haley's offense doesn't play to Baker's strength which is playing fast and making quick reads, playing on the move and all that stuff. He can change his stuff. But that's something that has to be factored in.

In terms of pass and run ratios. We'll have to see what happens.  Part of the reason why Bates was promoted and Morton was let go was because Bowles wanted more of a balance. So I wouldn't expect him to be slinging the rock around.

I'm not sure either one of them plays to their strength.  I suppose you could make the argument that Darnold fits better into what Bates has done in the past, but I think we're making the assumption that Haley is going to keep to his old stuff.

1 hour ago, DowNY said:

ok dope, he was less than 60 yards away from doing so because Forte was taking snaps from him. Cool.

Sounds like an excuse by calling things silly & made up when facts are right there.

Crowell took a lot more snaps than Forte last year. You make up and exaggerate stuff, it's what you do just go ahead and own it.

Archived