2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

8 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

you guys shocked we will have to trade up for Haskins when I've been saying this for months

I'm not. Hence why I was sort of upset with that win to push us down further. Usually I'm all about winning but when you have a QB need and there is only one clear cut top options and some other interesting but obvious lesser guys it gets tricky...

Didn't think it'd be #1/#2 though as I thought Bosa/Williams are/were good enough for a team to pass on the trade down value for an elite defensively player.

22 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

you guys shocked we will have to trade up for Haskins when I've been saying this for months

Is that clairvoyance...or just something that happens every year?  Where the top QB gets pushed aggressively up the draft board.

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Is that clairvoyance...or just something that happens every year?  Where the top QB gets pushed aggressively up the draft board.

it's something that happens every year, but for some reason we were concerned over #4 vs #7 when we're gonna have to give up a lot to move up regardless if we want Haskins

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

it's something that happens every year, but for some reason we were concerned over #4 vs #7 when we're gonna have to give up a lot to move up regardless if we want Haskins

Fair enough.  There was plenty of that fretting over the tank job going on.

It's interesting, because it does feel like a year where it might not matter much in "price" to move up to the top to get the guy, whether we're at 4 or 7.  There are enough top tier players to sustain that, combined with some teams at the top-end who already have their QBs and plenty of incentive to move down if they can get a good deal.

If we cant trade up and get haskins im 100% okay picking Kyler Murray.  Yes hes small both ways but with the nfl rules protecting qbs its not as big a risk but most importantly his arm talent is grade a.  Sure hes highly athletic and could spark us similiar to lamar Jackson in the run game but murray is a better passer already

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

We're up to Wharton, Pauline, and Chris Simms as far as people linking us to a trade up for Haskins.

This is what the tweets from Alfie are regarding.

We have a real need at CB? Is that what we're reading into these "industry insider" comments? We're trading Jalen?

On 1/29/2019 at 11:47 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

you and me both, pretty sure it was this exact thread that I was telling people he won't be at our pick even when it looked like we'd be picking sooner. 

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

So we're just selectively choosing what might be "credible" in a mock draft based on what we want to hear?

What are you talking about? He didn't even have us taking Haskins...

Do you not know Pauline? He doesn't drop blurbs like that just for the hell of it. It's based on what he's hearing in league circles as Alfie said.

No idea why you have to pick a fight with everything man. If you choose to view that as nothing than cool, but it's draft season and things like this get put under a microscrope, especially with a very reputable source that doesn't drop random stuff like that unless he hears it.

Edited by .Buzz