Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see Kumerow with a legit shot. He's been in the league 3 years now so you would expect him to be a bit better than the rooks, but the ceiling isn't where those guys are at.

Plus he's a Whitewater guy ???

This, but I always like UDFA guys and discussion because it gives certain posters heart attacks

Glad I don't have to pick the receivers. MVS, Kumerow and EQ all making plays. Zook calls out Davis as his best Gunner and he's still #1 at both PR and KR.

Only thing I can tell you, so long DeAngelo Yancey. It's not even like he's been bad either. He's just not stood out.

From Silverstein:

"Rodgers with another one of those plays. Stood in the pocket, looked left and then led Equanimeous St. Brown perfectly down the right sideline over Tramon Williams.

Rodgers on fire in red zone in pressure and coverage drill. Threw four TDS to St. Brown, Kendricks, Graham and Allison. Only really had to scramble on one."

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore

Is probably the 5 with the gun to my head.

MVS is my sixth and ESB goes to the practice squad.

He's not making it to the PS if he keeps making plays in preseason games. You have to keep all 7.

Best case Jaire and MVS show return ability and gunner ability in PS and we can go with 6 and dump Davis. He's the new Janis.

I'm sure people will freakout about both Jones and Jackson struggling in coverage right now but that's the weak part of their games that need the most work.

The difference I'm hoping between Dom and Pettine is this time will allow us to learn their strengths and weaknesses and when we play them it will be in ways they can be successful. Those are two skillsets that certainly have something to offer but the man coverage aspect of it right now will be a weak point.

"QB Brett Hundley with a rough red-zone drill. Holds onto ball too long (would’ve been a sack) before throwing it away, then tosses a pick to Josh Jackson on next snap. Did end drill with good ball to DeAngelo Yancey, but he dropped it"

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not making it to the PS if he keeps making plays in preseason games. You have to keep all 7.

Best case Jaire and MVS show return ability and gunner ability in PS and we can go with 6 and dump Davis. He's the new Janis.

Color me skeptical about EDS getting claimed.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm sure people will freakout about both Jones and Jackson struggling in coverage right now but that's the weak part of their games that need the most work.

The difference I'm hoping between Dom and Pettine is this time will allow us to learn their strengths and weaknesses and when we play them it will be in ways they can be successful. Those are two skillsets that certainly have something to offer but the man coverage aspect of it right now will be a weak point.

Agreed. If this years JJ's strength in coverage if off ball - play to his strengths.
Although I was all in with 2017 JJ getting drafted - think he's a talented guy - I'm not sure how well he's gonna fair in coverage - yet.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All the more reason why Brice needs to be okay. Jones playing traditional safety is a weakness for him in and of itself. It's not his position. Guy needs to be close to the box. If Brice is/goes down, Gute needs to add a safety yesterday because Jones aint it. 

Archived