DeShone Kizer

Golfman

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

IMO its a discussion board.

IMO discussion differs from debate and arguement.

I have absolutely zero thinking that all my points are valid. None. I dont need them to be "correct" or for me to be "proven right" over some aspect of football.

I sign on here to discuss things. To enjoy the camaraderie and community which discussing a topic I enjoy.

I certainly could care less about being right, that's kind of my mantra for this stuff. But I don't get all bent out of shape over someone asking me to make a case or tell someone to "drop it" because they don't agree with me. It's not like I'm keeping score, I just don't agree with your take fundamentally.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Things that are synonymous: Debate - Discuss

I know what he means though, I know a lot of people that think debate is more like "argue and fight." Or that's how they use it. It's like a negative connotation to them.

Norm - I keep it simple and I dont base my comments on what I think you or another poster may be thinking - thats a rabbit hole I decidely dont go down.

I've previously stated my thoughts about DR. On the record. Done. I'm not someone that needs to repeat myself simply to hear myself again.

All I've said in this thead is there is no proof - none whatsoever - that DR can excel at the Safety position in the NFL. None.

There was no discussion - open discussion - not what people may have been thinking but not saying (I dont pretend to be a mind reader) about moving DR to Safety - for whatever reason they may not have been saying it ie. team roster construction and/or current players at the position. 

Dont think of what I'm thinking and reply to that fabrication. Reply to my words - they represent exactly what I'm thinking.

Btw Norm - I will never "ask you to make a case"

Thats akin to "prove it to me" and you dont have to do it for me.

I'm interested in your thoughts. Period.

Oh and btw - I'm not "bent out of shape about anything." Thats another instance of "thinking what I'm thinking" thats incorrect and not conducive to a coherent discussion.

I think part of making a case is so that there can be understanding on a position.  At this point I would love for people to be honest enough to just simply say, "it's a hunch"  but most of the people on this board act like they were in consideration for the GM job.  At least making a case, another person can understand your position a little better.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Btw Norm - I will never "ask you to make a case"

Thats akin to "prove it to me" and you dont have to do it for me.

I'm interested in your thoughts. Period.

Oh and btw - I'm not "bent out of shape about anything." Thats another instance of "thinking what I'm thinking" thats incorrect and not conducive to a coherent discussion.

Well when you tell someone to stop replying to you, it's hard not to think you are annoyed to some degree.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Well when you tell someone to stop replying to you, it's hard not to think you are annoyed to some degree.

I said to drop it because you'd just gone off on some extended journey about what people may or may not have been thinking - why they may or may not have been thinking it - and how, what they may or may not have been thinking had effect on what they weren't saying.

I mean seriously.

It was too tangled a knot to untangle and would have required far more words than necessary to respond to - so I said drop it.

Well considering I don't think McCarthy is anywhere near as good as some think he is when he raves about a QB I don't pay much notice really.

I think Kizer is probably an upgrade on Hundley and could become a solid backup, nothing more.

My memory of his scouting report from 2015 was that Randall was a highly rated safety, with cornerback speed, who was a bit small and brittle for a safety. His biggest fault was (said to be) inconsistent instincts and staying healthy. His biggest positives were speed, good coverage and aggressiveness.

At the time of the draft, I thought his conversion to corner was a good idea. His health was less at risk there and he did have legit CB speed. I felt his weaknesses as a safety would be masked if he was playing CB.

As it turned out, his biggest problem (from the Packers perspective) was between the ears, one of the most common mis-evaluations of college players.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzz AG. You sure are ripping it up on this thread eh? Nobody can say anything w/o you providing all sorts of comebacks filled with certainties and guarantees - or to put it another way - "theres every reason to believe...you've cracked this thing for sure."

LOL! Probably hates Notre Dame! 

7 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I certainly could care less about being right, that's kind of my mantra for this stuff. But I don't get all bent out of shape over someone asking me to make a case or tell someone to "drop it" because they don't agree with me. It's not like I'm keeping score, I just don't agree with your take fundamentally.

*Couldn't care less Norm. See I'm here to help you as well.

Archived