Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

And I’m just sitting here trying to figure out which players I want to get rid of.

Feels good not being in the drama for once.

Lots of people crying because they're not getting what they want. ?

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

First and second for 5 tags, done that deal several times as well I remember.

I think you and I did a first for 3 tags a few seasons in a row, iirc. That may have been when the price went up to where it is now.

Right before I took over a team, I think the price was 1 tag for an 8th though.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

And I’m just sitting here trying to figure out which players I want to get rid of.

Feels good not being in the drama for once.

I actually got to keep another player i didn't want to lose in the draft thanks to you winning.

Also feels good.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I think you and I did a first for 3 tags a few seasons in a row, iirc. That may have been when the price went up to where it is now.

Right before I took over a team, I think the price was 1 tag for an 8th though.

We probably did indeed.

It's still possible to trade for 3 tags for less than a 1st value, just requires more patience and searching for deals. Your last pick in the 3rd got you 2, last pick in the 5th could probably fetch you the remaining tag, those two picks combined is less than the last pick in the first IMO.

All it takes is a buyer and seller; we've got plenty of tag buyers, just a question of who wants to sell and at what price.

Alex Smith - 4

Lanard Fournette - 5

Julio Jones - 8

Michael Thomas - 11

C.J. Mosley - 13

Darius Slay - 16

Harrison Smith - 18

Honey Badger - 20

3 tags remaining

Jarvis Landry, Frank Clark, Michael Bennett all available for cheap or can be packaged together for one player.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm part of the people drafting against stacked teams. It would benefit me as well if I didn't just give away tags and let guys like Pwn keep his high picks.

Why do you think I won't give tags to Remix? I wanted the number one pick, but I'm not gonna give swoosh what it would take to get it.

Balance gives me a chance too.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Me? I'm not taking anything personally. Not sure how you came up with that.

Literally looks like you are making personal decisions with how you view teams' relative strength influence whether or not you do business with them. Remix or iPwn could easily suffer the fate of tk3, who looked poised for a dynasty juggernaut. Lots can change and fast.

28 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Literally looks like you are making personal decisions with how you view teams' relative strength influence whether or not you do business with them. Remix or iPwn could easily suffer the fate of tk3, who looked poised for a dynasty juggernaut. Lots can change and fast.

I think you need to look up what it means to take things personally. ?

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think you need to look up what it means to take things personally. ?

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/take-something-personally

take something personally
to get upset by the things other people say or do, because you think that their remarks or behaviour are directed at you in particular

You stated you are "part of the people drafting against stacked teams". You had specifically stated you've watched me in the past keep more players than the average and only have to give up what you perceived as less than market value to do so. You feel that my behavior has been direct at you (and the rest of the league), and you are clearly upset by the manner that I've performed keeper tag trades in the past. Indeed, you had received an offer from another owner for the price that you are looking to sell a package of tags for (1st for 3 tags), but given who that owner is (a playoff participant), you've decided to make a personal decision and not perform that trade with that particular individual. I may not have agreed with rammy on his tanking, but that didn't prevent me from trading with him in the past. I may not like giving away early draft picks, but in the end if it maximizes the benefit to my squad, I will do what it takes. You seem upset by the fact that the stronger, or more 'stacked' teams, would be able to retain more top end talent through the use of tags, and as such you choose to not trade with them, or raise the cost to an unreasonable amount. If that's not taking a business decision personally, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

That's why I strive for 8-8. Even if my team dies and falls apart. It only takes 1 or 2 seasons at most to get back to 8-8

Yeah but at the same time you've got the owner with the best all-time winning % as well as the owner with the worst all-time winning % in the same division, so that sort of balances things out in the middle for you. (Qualifier is more than 1 season participation).

Archived