Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

56 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I hate how you guys are stealing my strats. Ruskie and I had this going for like 4-5 seasons.

mow everyone is doing it scrubs. 

Watching Ruskie do it in the past is why I've tried to adjust the cost of tags. 

Most teams keep seven or eight guys for 20 tags. Ruskie was keeping 10 or so, and only giving up like eighth round picks to do it. ?

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Most teams keep seven or eight guys for 20 tags. Ruskie was keeping 10 or so, and only giving up like eighth round picks to do it. ?

To be fair I admit that in the past i could typically find 2 tags for a 5th with ease. Past couple of years folks have gotten stingier.

End of the day, I feel the cost of a tag or tags depends on your roster. A stacked team won't give up 2 or 3 tags because the player they untag would probably go in the first round. On the flip side, a team with a weaker core (due to player injuries or poor performance the prior NFL seasons) may decide that a guy they would have spent 2 or 3 tags on could probably be redrafted in the 5th or 6th, for example, and so moving those tags for higher picks just makes sense from a value perspective and higher return. There's no real one size fits all approach. Bucs feels 3 tags is premier player in the first so his perspective is from a "what are you gaining from this", my view is more "would you receive a higher value draft pick(s) over the player you would have tagged". What the other team elects to use those tags for shouldn't be of concern, but I can understand why someone would use that approach. 

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I got about 6 dollars and 35 cents in my wallet.

Tbh not even worth a tag 

Yeah but converting that into Brazilian Real is 22.89, which can buy you a weekend getaway at a resort in Rio with all inclusive meals and your selection of 3 hookers*

*STD testing not included.

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

To be fair I admit that in the past i could typically find 2 tags for a 5th with ease. Past couple of years folks have gotten stingier.

End of the day, I feel the cost of a tag or tags depends on your roster. A stacked team won't give up 2 or 3 tags because the player they untag would probably go in the first round. On the flip side, a team with a weaker core (due to player injuries or poor performance the prior NFL seasons) may decide that a guy they would have spent 2 or 3 tags on could probably be redrafted in the 5th or 6th, for example, and so moving those tags for higher picks just makes sense from a value perspective and higher return. There's no real one size fits all approach. Bucs feels 3 tags is premier player in the first so his perspective is from a "what are you gaining from this", my view is more "would you receive a higher value draft pick(s) over the player you would have tagged". What the other team elects to use those tags for shouldn't be of concern, but I can understand why someone would use that approach. 

The more quality players that get kept, the worse the talent in the draft is. Letting guys keep their quality players AND pick from the few quality guys that hit the draft doesn't make much sense to me.

Look at Pwn. He's got a stacked roster. He's paid for it though, with one pick in the first 79; and only two in the first six rounds. It gives the rest of us a chance to catch up. So there's at least some balance there. 

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The more quality players that get kept, the worse the talent in the draft is. Letting guys keep their quality players AND pick from the few quality guys that hit the draft doesn't make much sense to me.

Look at Pwn. He's got a stacked roster. He's paid for it though, with one pick in the first 79. It gives the rest of us a chance to catch up. So there's at least some balance there. 

So there's where our differences lie. You are viewing it from what's best for the overall league. I'm viewing it from what's best for the two teams involved.

The guy who uses 3 tags on a player who would normally get drafted in say the 6th round could get much more value by trading those tags for a 3rd or 2nd. Yet your approach means he shouldn't do that and instead let the other owner have to release that player into the draft, which may not benefit anyone but whoever drafts said player. Why should that owner do something for the overall league rather than what benefits him more directly?

Yes I'd retain higher tier talent. But the only person it would benefit would be the folks with high draft picks. A guy who uses his tags on a lower tier talent is also removing talent from the draft pool, it's just that the impact is further down.

So I'd have to respectfully disagree if you are trying to argue that someone should be looking out for the draft class pool of players rather than maximize the value of their own tags.

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So there's where our differences lie. You are viewing it from what's best for the overall league. I'm viewing it from what's best for the two teams involved.

The guy who uses 3 tags on a player who would normally get drafted in say the 6th round could get much more value by trading those tags for a 3rd or 2nd. Yet your approach means he shouldn't do that and instead let the other owner have to release that player into the draft, which may not benefit anyone but whoever drafts said player. Why should that owner do something for the overall league rather than what benefits him more directly?

Yes I'd retain higher tier talent. But the only person it would benefit would be the folks with high draft picks. A guy who uses his tags on a lower tier talent is also removing talent from the draft pool, it's just that the impact is further down.

So I'd have to respectfully disagree if you are trying to argue that someone should be looking out for the draft class pool of players rather than maximize the value of their own tags.

I'm part of the people drafting against stacked teams. It would benefit me as well if I didn't just give away tags and let guys like Pwn keep his high picks.

Why do you think I won't give tags to Remix? I wanted the number one pick, but I'm not gonna give swoosh what it would take to get it.

Balance gives me a chance too.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm part of the people drafting against stacked teams. It would benefit me as well if I didn't just give away tags and let guys like Pwn keep his high picks.

Why do you think I won't give tags to Remix? I wanted the number one pick, but I'm not gonna give swoosh what it would take to get it.

Balance gives me a chance too.

Lol. You are too worried about other people's teams.

Maximize the potential for your own squad and try to win by putting forth the best team possible than worrying about limiting the strength of 19 other teams.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

What? It was always 1st and a second. 

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Maximize the potential for your own squad and try to win by putting forth the best team possible than worrying about limiting the strength of 19 other teams.

Yeah get em ruskie. He’s ruining small business here man. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

What? It was always 1st and a second. 

First and second for 5 tags, done that deal several times as well I remember.

I rarely end up with picks in the first 3 rounds because of trades for either players or tags. Bucs out here acting like I'm robbing grandmas without giving anything up. 

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

First and second for 5 tags, done that deal several times as well I remember.

I rarely end up with picks in the first 3 rounds because of trades for either players or tags. Bucs out here acting like I'm robbing grandmas without giving anything up. 

Yup.

more than fair for for 25% of the tags.

Granny gets a kiss and a visit to the retirement home. 

38 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why not do both?

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
57 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why not do both?

Go for it. I just wouldn't let another team's success or failure from the previous season dictate whether or not I do business with them, beyond just factoring where their draft selection falls within a particular round.

Archived