WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

i mean you discredited all the plays harden and CP3 made at the end of the last two games and gave credit to Eric Gordon for making 1 shot, so since one moment matters, only the biggest, Green fumbled away the biggest moment of that game. 

I don't think anyone discredits Paul, he's been a man this series and shutting haters like me the eff up.

Harden I would argue is a net negative for this team in this series when things get tight. Literally better off with him on the bench.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm so tired of this every season.  The Warriors are supposed to be a juggernaut, so let them prove it.  Don't give them free passes.  Enough of this injury bull****.

this happened the last time we played them in the conference finals. We had 2 starters out with injury.

Just now, Mossburg said:

Ehhh, he's pretty suspect IMO. He had awful stretches for several games in their first 2 finals trips and against OKC.

He was definitely a beast in game 7 and hit a huge 3 yesterday, but I wouldn't label him a "big game performer" like I would Iguodala.

Nah, disagree big time with that. I never said he hasn't had any awful stretches, of course he has. But in big games, he has come through.

Game 6 closeout vs the Cavs in 2015: 16 pts 11 rbs 10 asts and great defnese

Game 4 vs Grizzlies after being down 2-1: 16 pts 10 rbs 4 asts 2 stls 2 blks...And set the tone early before Steph got it going

Game 4 vs Cavs after being down 2-1: 17 pts 6 rbs 7 asts 2 blks 2 stls

Game 7 vs Cavs 32 pts 15 rbs 9 asts

So yeah, dude brings it in big games. I'll give him the label of a big game performer. Definitely isn't scared unlike other folks. 

Just now, Mossburg said:

I don't think anyone discredits Paul, he's been a man this series and shutting haters like me the eff up.

Harden I would argue is a net negative for this team in this series when things get tight. Literally better off with him on the bench.

you are crazy. Gordon doesnt hit that open 3 if Harden isn't sucking in the whole D. He's not a score or bust player. He's our best playmaker, and he has been really solid on D for most of this series. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i mean you discredited all the plays harden and CP3 made at the end of the last two games and gave credit to Eric Gordon for making 1 shot, so since one moment matters, only the biggest, Green fumbled away the biggest moment of that game. 

Harden has been dog ish bad the last two 4th quarters. Made a nice pass to Gordon for THE shot, but give me a break. Heck, the last five quarters he's shot 8-30. Luckily for him, KD has been dog ish bad in the 4th quarters himself. And CP3 has been certainly better, but just saying late in games he hasn't been making the big plays. Gordon is the only guy from both teams that has made big time shots...Minus if you want to count Green's three yesterday to cut it to one. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Iggy is older and his game revolves a lot around lateral movement. I can see why he was out 2 games. But he’ll be back and warriors will win out. Houston had their opportunity with iggy out before cp3 got hurt. Just a bad break for them. 

It must be a bad bruise for him to miss yesterday's game. CP3 not going with a hamstring strain is one thing, but I guarantee he won't be missing two consecutive games. Who the hell knows if Iggy even goes tomorrow. 

you are crazy. Gordon doesnt hit that open 3 if Harden isn't sucking in the whole D. He's not a score or bust player. He's our best playmaker, and he has been really solid on D for most of this series. 

Paul couldn't have done the same thing? Klay basically got caught watching the basketball as he came up for a triple team for no reason. He created way more negative possession than positive at the end. The only thing that salvaged him some yesterday is he got some calls on shots he had no chance of making.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harden has been dog ish bad the last two 4th quarters. Made a nice pass to Gordon for THE shot, but give me a break. Heck, the last five quarters he's shot 8-30. Luckily for him, KD has been dog ish bad in the 4th quarters himself. And CP3 has been certainly better, but just saying late in games he hasn't been making the big plays. Gordon is the only guy from both teams that has made big time shots...Minus if you want to count Green's three yesterday to cut it to one. 

Gordon has been great, just as he has all season, but we dont win game 4 without CP3 taking over the 4th quarter

Gordon has been great, just as he has all season, but we dont win game 4 without CP3 taking over the 4th quarter

Of course not. CP3 has been awesome in both 2nd halves. I don't know why you took it as me saying he hasn't been good. Just that down the stretch neither of the stars for both teams have been great in the last few minutes of money time. The three big shots have been by Gordon (two) and Green. Harden has missed every single step back three pointer, and CP3 has missed his three or four shots as well. And same goes for KD/Curry missing damn near everything after the six minute mark of both games. 

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Paul couldn't have done the same thing? Klay basically got caught watching the basketball as he came up for a triple team for no reason. He created way more negative possession than positive at the end. The only thing that salvaged him some yesterday is he got some calls on shots he had no chance of making.

no one is arguing that it was Harden's best game, but the team was a +8 when he was out there. We were a -13 with CP3. Also if you look at the per 100 possessions numbers in this series, the rockets are actually much better in this series with Harden and no Paul than we are with Paul. Harden is our best playmaker, and our best player. I dont know whats going to happen now that hes the only one we have. 

no one is arguing that it was Harden's best game, but the team was a +8 when he was out there. We were a -13 with CP3. Also if you look at the per 100 possessions numbers in this series, the rockets are actually much better in this series with Harden and no Paul than we are with Paul. Harden is our best playmaker, and our best player. I dont know whats going to happen now that hes the only one we have. 

There you have it. The Rockets now have a better chance of winning game 6 with CP3 not playing. Like you said, the stats show the squad is better when he is on the court without CP3. 

So after watching the last few games (or really, James Harden's entire freaking career post that dagger he hit in San Antonio in 2012), you can with a straight face tell me that you feel good with James Harden bringing the ball up court in a close game late in the 4th?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

There you have it. The Rockets now have a better chance of winning game 6 with CP3 not playing. Like you said, the stats show the squad is better when he is on the court without CP3. 

The Pastor has given his sermon.

Thy Warriors shall be smited by the bearded one!

Just now, Mossburg said:

The Pastor has given his sermon.

Thy Warriors shall be smited by the bearded one!

Damn it, I hate it when the opposing team gets all the breaks. First it was Iggy's injury, and now CP3's injury is an addition by subtraction. Dubs are cursed man.....

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

And they are losing.  The point people are making is that the Warriors get lucky with injuries, and right when they are pushed to the brink, they get lucky with another injury.

Because they're missing a key player and playing a great team. Yes, they do get lucky, but in this series, the Rockets have been more lucky than the Warriors.

Archived