WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Rockets doing what the Spurs did last year with Kawhi for game 6. Hoping he will be healthy and ready to go for game 7.

Gordon probably gets in the starting line up, but which player does D'antoni replace Gordon with in the rotation? Does he try to go with someone like Anderson or Johsnon? 

i would imagine we do something like this with CP3's 38 minutes

+3 to Harden
+5 to Capela
+6 to Gordon
+10 to Green
+8 to Mbah A Moute
+6 to Anderson

If we can get 6 good minutes out of Anderson at PF, we can perhaps not get blown out. He is a great shooter on the road. Hes shot well over 40% on the road the last 2 seasons. Its at home where he shoots 30%. His problem is on D. We will be horrible with him on the court. Basically we need him to be good enough on offense to survive his minutes on D, so that Tucker can get some rest. With Mbah A Moute, we have the opposite problem. We need him to play good enough on D that we survive his minutes on O, so that Ariza can get some rest. 

Harden and Gordon are going to have to play as many minutes as they can. Green will have to be the small ball 3, and our 2nd guard whenever Harden or Gordon is sitting. Capela will have to probably be in our 4th quarter end game line up. If AI is back, that will cause problems, if he isnt, then I think we can survive Capela in that line up.

But you dont replace CP3, and his big shots late in games. Harden is going to need to channel his inner MVP and go get 1. 

I think game 6 is the series. The warriors are reeling, the Rockets are hurting, so we can perhaps catch that intensity that comes from knowing you are missing one of your guys. If it comes back to Houston, we arent winning a game 7 without CP3

And I would be shocked if CP3 returns for game 7. When they know right away that he cant go for game 6, hes not going to be worth playing in game 7, he might try to gut it out, but he wont be at any level we need from him. 

I would say he's going to need 7-10 days to recover, perhaps longer. I would say the earliest we might see CP3 is game 3 of the NBA finals, if by some miracle we actually get there.

man this is so deflating. We took the warriors best shot, and had them on the ropes, and then this. I guess sometimes a dynasty just needs a little luck. That goes to show how tough it is to win in the NBA

I thought it was going to be 2-2 and the Dubs would win games 5 and 6.....So to me it wasn't nearly as impossible as others were saying.

Sure, they may have had a legit shot at winning game 6, or it would have been a blowout. Durant has disappointed in back to back 4th quarters along with Curry, but it's not like CP3/Harden have been lights out down the stretch either. Gordon made the biggest shots in the last two games. Props. 

No, Paul will be able to go in game 7 even with the strain. Zero percent chance he will be fully healthy, but he could play through it. Pretty sure he had a similar injury vs the Spurs in game 7 a few years back and actually ended up coming back and closing it out at the end. Now, this hamstring strain may be worse, but I think he for sure goes on Monday if the Dubs win on Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Folding? They lost two close games. Albeit some terrible late game execution. But they aren't getting handled or anything. Just close playoff losses. It happens. Beating this team three straight times and two times in Oracle is damn near impossible. So yes, it was going to be unlikely for the Rockets to win game 6. 

everything about game 4 was impossible and we won. Draymond Green has been getting punked in this series in big moments. Capela put him on notice in game 5, after Harden destroyed him game 4. Hes going to lose it at some point. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought it was going to be 2-2 and the Dubs would win games 5 and 6.....So to me it wasn't nearly as impossible as others were saying.

Sure, they may have had a legit shot at winning game 6, or it would have been a blowout. Durant has disappointed in back to back 4th quarters along with Curry, but it's not like CP3/Harden have been lights out down the stretch either. Gordon made the biggest shots in the last two games. Props. 

I wonder if anyone thought the that the series would be competitive because it is a complete slopfest. All predictions that had a competitive series had people thinking the Rockets firepower can match the Warriors and they're thinking Harden has to step up.

lol

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Depends on if he is able to go game 7 and how healthy he is. It was unlikely they were winning the next game at Oracle anyways. And obviously the chances decrease even more now he isn't playing.

Clown Iggy better still go though. "Knee soreness" keeping him out of two games? W-T-F? 

Iggy is older and his game revolves a lot around lateral movement. I can see why he was out 2 games. But he’ll be back and warriors will win out. Houston had their opportunity with iggy out before cp3 got hurt. Just a bad break for them. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

everything about game 4 was impossible and we won. Draymond Green has been getting punked in this series in big moments. Capela put him on notice in game 5, after Harden destroyed him game 4. Hes going to lose it at some point. 

Green is a big game performer. Dude got suspended against the Cavs in game 5 and put on one of the greatest game 7 performances of ALL TIME. He actually guarded LeBron all game and vice versa and outplayed him. And yesterday, he was the only Dubs player that was composed and making big time shots. After Gordon hit his three, Green didn't even hesitate letting it go and splashed it. Iggy is similar to Green in that regard. Both guys may look suspect as hell shooting 3s at times, but in big moments they will come through for you. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Green is a big game performer. Dude got suspended against the Cavs in game 5 and put on one of the greatest game 7 performances of ALL TIME. He actually guarded LeBron all game and vice versa and outplayed him. And yesterday, he was the only Dubs player that was composed and making big time shots. After Gordon hit his three, Green didn't even hesitate letting it go and splashed it. Iggy is similar to Green in that regard. Both guys may look suspect as hell shooting 3s at times, but in big moments they will come through for you. 

The green who fumbled the ball away to seal the loss?

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

I wonder if anyone thought the that the series would be competitive because it is a complete slopfest. All predictions that had a competitive series had people thinking the Rockets firepower can match the Warriors and they're thinking Harden has to step up.

lol

Right. But really both teams have been the best defensive units in the postseason so it shouldn't be THAT much of a shocker. It's just hard for either team to consistently generate something offensively. The amount of iso ball is a big part of that. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

The green who fumbled the ball away to seal the loss?

So one play? And Curry shouldn't have passed it to him anyways. I know the plan was for him to get it back, but he should have just gone himself.

So you are going to ignore the lay up and three pointer he made down the stretch? You are going to ignore all the big games he's had in the biggest moments? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ehhh, he's pretty suspect IMO. He had awful stretches for several games in their first 2 finals trips and against OKC.

He was definitely a beast in game 7 and hit a huge 3 yesterday, but I wouldn't label him a "big game performer" like I would Iguodala.

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

lol

He will.  I predict James Harden has a big game 6.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So one play? And Curry shouldn't have passed it to him anyways. I know the plan was for him to get it back, but he should have just gone himself.

So you are going to ignore the lay up and three pointer he made down the stretch? You are going to ignore all the big games he's had in the biggest moments? 

i mean you discredited all the plays harden and CP3 made at the end of the last two games and gave credit to Eric Gordon for making 1 shot, so since one moment matters, only the biggest, Green fumbled away the biggest moment of that game. 

Archived