WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

I want to see the Rockets win this so bad. I would imagine they would be the first team to win a series after being written off on 3 separate occasions  (post G1, G3 and G5) by the public.

What's crazy is that they're not even up 3-2 because they came and have played out of their mind. The narrative all along was that Harden, CP3, and all the role players would have to really step up and get hot to take down this Warriors team, but they've been average at best. Harden is shooting 41% on 22 shots a game, averaging 5.4 assists to 4 turnovers. They're shooting just 33.5% from 3; the Suns were the only team with a worse 3pt% on the season. Granted it's only about a straight 3% off from their regular season 3pt rate, but the fact that it is below their average and they're up is so unexpected.

Unfortunately, without CP3, and having no faith in Harden, I'll join in and write them off as well. Too bad. Rooting for them hard though!

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I want to see the Rockets win this so bad. I would imagine they would be the first team to win a series after being written off on 3 separate occasions  (post G1, G3 and G5) by the public.

What's crazy is that they're not even up 3-2 because they came and have played out of their mind. The narrative all along was that Harden, CP3, and all the role players would have to really step up and get hot to take down this Warriors team, but they've been average at best. Harden is shooting 41% on 22 shots a game, averaging 5.4 assists to 4 turnovers. They're shooting just 33.5% from 3; the Suns were the only team with a worse 3pt% on the season. Granted it's only about a straight 3% off from their regular season 3pt rate, but the fact that it is below their average and they're up is so unexpected.

Unfortunately, without CP3, and having no faith in Harden, I'll join in and write them off as well. Too bad. Rooting for them hard though!

When GS goes on their 3rd quarter runs they’re really gonna miss Paul’s leadership. I literally have 0 faith in Harden lol

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

see then, we can't have a discussion. Cause his whole purpose is for this series.

Iggy is going to play one of these games therefore he isn't injured, he is hurt. And I think it is just because he lacks confidence. We all can play silly games.

It is obvious that Luc would be a big part of this series if healthy. He is not playing because his shoulder is hurt. He himself said he wouldn't try and dunk anymore because his shoulder. If we can't agree to these things there is no point in playing silly games.

Luc ended up on the bench because he's an offensive liability. If he were healthy, would he be better on offense? Likely yes. Might he still end up playing lesser minutes or riding the bench because he would still end up being an offensive liability? Possibly.

Iggy missed two games and would have been the difference in those close losses. Like Luc, Curry is playing hurt. What level might be at if healthy? Point being that whining about Paul in the context of this series is weak. Thus far, the Rockets have had more injury luck. Paul's injury is significant, but if he only misses one game, it at most balances the scales.

nothing, and i mean nothing, would be as satisfying as seeing Joe Johnson drain a game winning shot. 

on a note, since im a very glass is 1/2 full kinda guy, We have the best 3 guard rotation in the league by a long margin. Eric Gordon averaged 21.5 points per game and hit 37% from 3 in games that he started this season. As long as he can make some plays happen in the 4-6 minutes harden sits on the bench, we might be ok. 

Capela is the key to this series though. He is going to have to go 32-34 minutes now, including crunch time. We need him to outwork Green. Green might be the best in the league at boxing bigger guys out. He needs to own that, and he needs to play solid switch D. He seems to be having a solid series when switched onto Durant or Curry.

i really hope we catch them sleeping on us in game 6. I dont want to play a game 7

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Luc ended up on the bench because he's an offensive liability. If he were healthy, would he be better on offense? Likely yes. Might he still end up playing lesser minutes or riding the bench because he would still end up being an offensive liability? Possibly.

Iggy missed two games and would have been the difference in those close losses. Like Luc, Curry is playing hurt. What level might be at if healthy? Point being that whining about Paul in the context of this series is weak. Thus far, the Rockets have had more injury luck. Paul's injury is significant, but if he only misses one game, it at most balances the scales.

you are 100% wrong. Luc would be playing 20 minutes or more in this series if he wasnt hurt. He has done everything for us this season, including running the point for small portions of the game. Hes made a respectable 36% of his 3s, and his cut game has gotten up there with Ariza. He is 2 of 13 shooting because his shoulder injury has kept him from really being able to lift his arms up above his head. 1/2 of his misses have been open lay ups. Its not a matter of "Hes a bad offensive player that we cant hide." Its 100% his health, and its a big blow to the rockets and our depth. He is a guy that can guard 4 positions, and is our best one on one defender. he played in 2 games against the warriors this season and averaged 14 points per game, playing 28 minutes. Hes a huge reason Durant only averaged 23 a game against us in the regular season. 

Luc's health has been just as bad for the rockets as AI has been for the warriors. 

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

you are 100% wrong. Luc would be playing 20 minutes or more in this series if he wasnt hurt. He has done everything for us this season, including running the point for small portions of the game. Hes made a respectable 36% of his 3s, and his cut game has gotten up there with Ariza. He is 2 of 13 shooting because his shoulder injury has kept him from really being able to lift his arms up above his head. 1/2 of his misses have been open lay ups. Its not a matter of "Hes a bad offensive player that we cant hide." Its 100% his health, and its a big blow to the rockets and our depth. He is a guy that can guard 4 positions, and is our best one on one defender. he played in 2 games against the warriors this season and averaged 14 points per game, playing 28 minutes. Hes a huge reason Durant only averaged 23 a game against us in the regular season. 

Luc's health has been just as bad for the rockets as AI has been for the warriors. 

Luc is a pretty mediocre player on offense, but okay, let's assume you get healthy Luc. Warriors get 100% Curry and Klay (i.e., no injury in Game 4). Warriors also get healthy Iggy. Which team do you think benefits more? Let's be real, in that scenario, the series is likely over after 5 games.

KD only averaged 23 PPG because he only took 16 shots per game. He shot 50% from the field and over 50% from 3 in the regular season against the Rockets.

And no, his health hasn't been just as bad as Iggy's. Go sell that garbage elsewhere. Iggy can't get on the court. The Warriors would play Iggy if he was healthy enough to defend, even if his offense was suffering.

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Luc is a pretty mediocre player on offense, but okay, let's assume you get healthy Luc. Warriors get 100% Curry and Klay (i.e., no injury in Game 4). Warriors also get healthy Iggy. Which team do you think benefits more? Let's be real, in that scenario, the series is likely over after 5 games.

KD only averaged 23 PPG because he only took 16 shots per game. He shot 50% from the field and over 50% from 3 in the regular season against the Rockets.

And no, his health hasn't been just as bad as Iggy's. Go sell that garbage elsewhere. Iggy can't get on the court. The Warriors would play Iggy if he was healthy enough to defend, even if his offense was suffering.

now you are adding in Klay and Curry's health when talking about the impact of Mbah A Moute and Iggy, totally different stories

KD is KD, no one can stop him from scoring when hes on, but what Moute did was help deny him the ball and make him work for his shots, thats why he only took 16 a game. Otherwise Durant has a very low basketball IQ. No great player loses simple because they decide not to shoot the ball. Its not like he had 25 open looks. He took 16 shots because of the D played against him, he made 50% because hes Kevin Durant, ill take him making 8 shots every game I ever play against him

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

It goes both ways. Injuries to the Warriors is the reason why Bron even has a ring in Cleveland. 

There's a huge difference in Curry apparently playing slightly hurt and the Warriors playing against teams straight up missing their best or 2nd best players.

31 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

now you are adding in Klay and Curry's health when talking about the impact of Mbah A Moute and Iggy, totally different stories

KD is KD, no one can stop him from scoring when hes on, but what Moute did was help deny him the ball and make him work for his shots, thats why he only took 16 a game. Otherwise Durant has a very low basketball IQ. No great player loses simple because they decide not to shoot the ball. Its not like he had 25 open looks. He took 16 shots because of the D played against him, he made 50% because hes Kevin Durant, ill take him making 8 shots every game I ever play against him

Why would I not add Klay and Curry's health? I've done that since the beginning. Luc is capable of playing, but he's not 100%. The same is or was true of Steph and Klay. Iggy has actually not been able to play. You don't get to demand the Rockets be 100% healthy and not give the Warriors the same courtesy in this fantasy scenario.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Why would I not add Klay and Curry's health? I've done that since the beginning. Luc is capable of playing, but he's not 100%. The same is or was true of Steph and Klay. Iggy has actually not been able to play. You don't get to demand the Rockets be 100% healthy and not give the Warriors the same courtesy in this fantasy scenario.

The entire conversation is about whether Moute is as big a loss as Iggy. Neither  guy is on the level of Steph or Klay and if we are going there, CP3 has been hurt the entire series. 

Archived