WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Barkley is right.  James Harden is going to win MVP.  At some point he needs to have a signature game.  Tonight is his night.  Get it, James.

This is more than a signature game. This is potentially a career defining game. I don’t think a loss really “hurts” him nearly as much as a win will “help” him. This one game can elevate Harden’s legacy. It’s the biggest game of his career. Game 7 will be if we lose. This game is that moment where he can go from a low end hall of fame  player to possibly having a top 20 career. This game and the nba finals can have that kind of impact on him. A loss and well, he’s about the same as he was before this series. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wow Houston has a chance now. I thought for sure he’d play. 

I don’t think Iggy missing gives the rockets any more of a chance lol it’s going to be the warriors big or if the rockets win, it will be one of those games where no one would have made a difference. This won’t  be a repeat of games 4 and 5 where the rockets don’t play their best and win. It will take our best basketball or it’s a blow out. 

I just hope we haven’t already called it in and decided to play for game 7, kinda like Cleveland did against Indiana. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is more than a signature game. This is potentially a career defining game. I don’t think a loss really “hurts” him nearly as much as a win will “help” him. This one game can elevate Harden’s legacy. It’s the biggest game of his career. Game 7 will be if we lose. This game is that moment where he can go from a low end hall of fame  player to possibly having a top 20 career. This game and the nba finals can have that kind of impact on him. A loss and well, he’s about the same as he was before this series. 

I agree for the most part.  It's not just about winning and losing, it's how he's playing.  The Rockets have won two games in a row and he's played up to his standards in large stretches of both games.

Harden is already a top 5 SG of all-time, IMO.

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t think Iggy missing gives the rockets any more of a chance lol it’s going to be the warriors big or if the rockets win, it will be one of those games where no one would have made a difference. This won’t  be a repeat of games 4 and 5 where the rockets don’t play their best and win. It will take our best basketball or it’s a blow out. 

I just hope we haven’t already called it in and decided to play for game 7, kinda like Cleveland did against Indiana. 

I think you are and have been down playing Iggy's impact since he started missing time. Not only is he a big game performer, but he has a high IQ and allows the team not to play any of the bigs in the 4th quarter. CP3/Harden/Gordon really take advantage of the bigs but if Iggy is on the floor, then there is no weakness. Steph at times especially early on got taken advantage of, but after game 2 his defense has been very solid. Oh yeah, you don't have to give minutes to Young or the struggling Livingston if Iggy is playing. 

And his defense on both Harden/CP3 has been phenomenal this series. 

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree for the most part.  It's not just about winning and losing, it's how he's playing.  The Rockets have won two games in a row and he's played up to his standards in large stretches of both games.

Harden is already a top 5 SG of all-time, IMO.

No, he isn't yet.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think you are and have been down playing Iggy's impact since he started missing time. Not only is he a big game performer, but he has a high IQ and allows the team not to play any of the bigs in the 4th quarter. CP3/Harden/Gordon really take advantage of the bigs but if Iggy is on the floor, then there is no weakness. Steph at times especially early on got taken advantage of, but after game 2 his defense has been very solid. Oh yeah, you don't have to give minutes to Young or the struggling Livingston if Iggy is playing. 

Yep, he's a huge loss on both offense and defense. Looney doesn't really contribute much of anything on offense.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But there’s not a CP3 anymore....

If Harden puts on a masterful performance and they win without Paul? Oh yeah, that would definitely help his reputation. Because let's be real, he has done nothing to change it with his mediocre performance in the playoffs, especially down the stretch. It has been CP3 in the 4th quarters of the closeout game vs Utah and the last two games who has been THE guy for Houston. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

But there’s not a CP3 anymore....

You downplayed his impact before CP3's injury though. And still, a big will have to be played in the 4th quarter and could get exploited by Harden/Gordon. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You downplayed his impact before CP3's injury though. And still, a big will have to be played in the 4th quarter and could get exploited by Harden/Gordon. 

Yes but I was responding you saying that now that Iggy is out tonight the rockets have a chance tonight. 

MJ, Kobe, Wade, Gervin, Iverson, West and Allen are all easily above Harden. I’d put Harden with the likes of guys like T-Mac

Edit: Completely forgot about Drexler. He’s easily above Harden too

47 minutes ago, showtime said:

Barkley is right.  James Harden is going to win MVP.  At some point he needs to have a signature game.  Tonight is his night.  Get it, James.

IMO if the Cavs make the finals, LeBron is the MVP regardless if Harden leads them to victory tonight.

Archived