WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Without CP3, I just don't know how the Rockets can win this game. His defense is 2nd to none. He takes so much pressure off of Harden, and he makes so many big shots. 

The warriors can now throw everything they have at Harden. 

and now if Harden does score 40 in the next two games on elite shooting, the narrative is going to be how he choked it away, despite being a heavy underdog anyway. 

If we can play Capela/Tucker/Ariza/Gordon/Harden for 40 minutes, we might have a chance. We have to hit shots.  We arent winning without CP3 shooting under 40% like we have been. We also have to win the 3rd quarter. We arent coming from behind in the 4th without CP3.

I just hope our players come out with the same fire as they had in games 4 and 5. If we use this as a burner game, knowing we have game 7 in our back pocket, it could get really ugly, really quick. 

I also think that when Harden sits his probably 6 minutes, we have to go with a Gordon/Green/Ariza/Anderson/Capela line up and try to outscore them during those stretches. We could go Gordon/Ariza/Moute/Tucker/Capela and try to play tough D, but without Harden, we need shooting. And it has to work. We could lose those 6 minutes by a lot of points and not be able to recover. 

we also need green to get hot and not be stupid. He makes a lot of crazy 3s, but he will also brick a ton of bad shots. We need him to play big time basketball to win this series. He has the athleticism to play D, we need him to do it. 

We need to get to the finals for CP3. It sounds like at most this is a 2 week injury for him. That means if we get to the finals, we could have him back by game 3 or 4, which means we still have a chance of winning the finals if we can get one of the next 2. 

Honestly what it really comes down to is 4 things imo. 

1) Can Houston D up as well as they did in games 4 and 5 without Paul? I’m gonna say no, he is too elite to make up for.

2) How much can the roll players give you?  I’m already on record saying how highly I think of Ariza. I believe he and Tucker have proven to be exceptional when it is demanded of them. However, I don’t trust the remaining players. Green is a wildcard, Anderson can’t defend, Moute is injured, and Johnson is basically 37.

3) Can Eric Gordon step up his game even more than what he gave you guys in game 5? I think he rises to the occasion.

4) Which James Harden shows up? Game 1 Harden? Or games 2-5 Harden? Games 2-5 Harden will be who shows up imo, I don’t trust him at all.

Houston will have to have a herculean performance by either Harden or the role players on top of elevating their game defensively without Paul. Really pulling for them after the school shooting, the untimely injury to Paul (I honestly just feel really bad for the guy), and being a Magic fan and having kept up with Ryan Anderson after he left Orlando and hearing about his girlfriends suicide makes me root for whichever team he’s on.

Harden hasnt been bad in games 2-5. He has not shot the 3 well, that is about all he has done wrong. Hes playing solid D, creating for guys, and hes shooting well over 50% on non 3s. If he can hit his normal 36-38% from 3, he will have a big game. Games 2 and 4, he was fine in both of those games, and he single handily saved our season in the 1st half of game 4. He just has to either stop taking 3s, or start making them. People dont like his shot selection when it comes to the 3, but hes really not changed anything up. he is taking the same shots that he hit at 37% this season. I am not worried about Harden. I am worried that without CP3 they will send multiple guys at him, and that he will no produce high results. He is not an unguardable guy, teams can scheme to stop him, his ability to make them pay for that with playmaking is why hes an MVP

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden hasnt been bad in games 2-5. He has not shot the 3 well, that is about all he has done wrong. Hes playing solid D, creating for guys, and hes shooting well over 50% on non 3s. If he can hit his normal 36-38% from 3, he will have a big game. Games 2 and 4, he was fine in both of those games, and he single handily saved our season in the 1st half of game 4. He just has to either stop taking 3s, or start making them. People dont like his shot selection when it comes to the 3, but hes really not changed anything up. he is taking the same shots that he hit at 37% this season. I am not worried about Harden. I am worried that without CP3 they will send multiple guys at him, and that he will no produce high results. He is not an unguardable guy, teams can scheme to stop him, his ability to make them pay for that with playmaking is why hes an MVP

I agree he hasn't been "bad" but he needs to be way better than not bad in order for you guys to win. These are his stats:

Game 5: 19/4/3/2 on 23.8% from the field | 0/11 from 3: 0% | -8

Game 4: 30/4/3/3 on 42.3% from the field | 3/12 from 3: 25% | -5

Game 3: 20/9/5/1 on  43.8% from the field | 2/6 from 3: 33% | -19

Game 2: 27/10/3/1 on 37.5% from the field | 3/15 from 3: 20% | +22

Averaging: 24/6.75/3.5/2.33 on 36.85% from the field | 8/44 from 3: 18% | -10

As long as he starts hitting his 3's he will be good.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Casspi was dealing with some injuries and was bad to end the season. It was an easy decision going with Cook, especially with Curry out with a MCL injury during that time. 

The question was in hindsight tho. Wouldn't you rather have Casspi this series?

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The question was in hindsight tho. Wouldn't you rather have Casspi this series?

If he played like he did during the latter part of the season? Then not really since it wouldn't have mattered if he was playing or Cook. Dude stopped even attempting 3s and wasn't giving the team anything. 

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

No iggy again tonight

Damn, must be a worst than originally thought. Deep bruise? 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The warriors are cocky enough to hold Iggy out so he’s ready to guard Lebron in the finals. 

Need to get to the finals first and FAR from a guarantee the Cavs beat the Celtics on the road tomorrow without Love. 

Archived