WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's too bad. Will be the third asterisk in four years :(.

I don't put an asterisk on last year. Think it's a shame Kawhi went down but the Warriors were so good that I'm pretty sure they win that series anyways. Would've lost game 1 though. 

Not the case this year, Rockets look just as good as them and if they win because of no CP3 then that's an actual asterisk. 

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

I don't put an asterisk on last year. Think it's a shame Kawhi went down but the Warriors were so good that I'm pretty sure they win that series anyways. Would've lost game 1 though. 

Not the case this year, Rockets look just as good as them and if they win because of no CP3 then that's an actual asterisk. 

So with the asterisk what exactly happens then? Will Curry not be a 3x champ anymore, or Durant won't be a 2x champ? How's that work? 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So with the asterisk what exactly happens then? Will Curry not be a 3x champ anymore, or Durant won't be a 2x champ? How's that work? 

C'mon now, you know. It doesn't take away the championship, it's just a side note on it. And 15 years from now people wouldn't even remember. It's just a "Warriors 2018 champions*"

*but CP3 got injured when they were down 2-3 to Houston

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

C'mon now, you know. It doesn't take away the championship, it's just a side note on it. And 15 years from now people wouldn't even remember. It's just a "Warriors 2018 champions*"

*but CP3 got injured when they were down 2-3 to Houston

That's what I mean though. It is always said but what does it truly mean? Just side notes when mentioning that particular title? 

Is there still an asterisk if he doesn't play game 6 but returns for game 7 and plays fairly well? 

This was my main reservation with Houston. I know I and atleast 1 other poster in here brought up Paul’s injury history during the beginning of the season. As much as I wasn’t expecting it, unfortunately it should have been pretty predictable when you consider his past.  It sucks but the guy just seems to have the injury bug come playoff time. It was a great run this year Houston. MAYBE you have a shot if Iggy misses games 6 and 7 and Houston goes bonkers from the 3 point line or Harden goes infinity gauntlet Thanos mode one of these games, but I think GS gets healthy and uses game 6 to get their groove back with a full lineup and a missing CP3 which will also propel them to a pretty decisive game 7 victory. Hope I am wrong.

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's what I mean though. It is always said but what does it truly mean? Just side notes when mentioning that particular title? 

Is there still an asterisk if he doesn't play game 6 but returns for game 7 and plays fairly well? 

To me at least, but I'm sure it means different things to different people. I don't believe in taking away championships, no matter the circumstances, but I don't think there's anything wrong with putting a side note on it. 

As for your 2nd question, nah I don't think so. Missing one game of CP3 (in Oracle where they're likely to lose anyways) isn't as big of a deal to me. In fact, I'd say that's pretty equally comparable to the W's losing Iggy for 2 games so I'd say it evens out. 

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know. Do you think Curry at 100% makes any difference in this series?

see then, we can't have a discussion. Cause his whole purpose is for this series.

Iggy is going to play one of these games therefore he isn't injured, he is hurt. And I think it is just because he lacks confidence. We all can play silly games.

It is obvious that Luc would be a big part of this series if healthy. He is not playing because his shoulder is hurt. He himself said he wouldn't try and dunk anymore because his shoulder. If we can't agree to these things there is no point in playing silly games.

"No, I can't dunk it right now. I don't trust it yet," Mbah a Moute told ESPN. "

Archived