WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

LeBron doesn’t have a future HOF point guard still in his prime to lean on... Hell LeBron doesn’t even have an Eric Gordon. Or a Clint Capela. With Love out I’ll even say LeBron doesn’t have a freaking Trevor Ariza on his team.

Love is a much better player than people are willing to admit. He's disadvantaged by LeBron not letting him play his game.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Love is a much better player than people are willing to admit. He's disadvantaged by LeBron not letting him play his game.

His disadvantage is he lost so much weight/strength when he changed his body, he is no longer the post up player he was in Minny. Love was really good in the regular season, but has been very inconsistent in the playoffs…. Like he is every postseason. Cavs go to Love on the block plenty, he just gets shut down by good defensive teams. If you put a guy who could get out on the perimeter on him like Green/Young/Horford, then dude is likely to be shut down. 

And @Pastor Dillon, no one will care that he loses to the Warriors three out of four years. That's fine. This is going to be the dominant team of their team so no worries there. However, I don't know why you keep fighting the notion of Harden having some of the most suspect moments a superstar has had in recent memory and how his play just dips overall in the playoffs. It is what it is, until he adjusts his game that will continue to be the case. He just puts so much pressure on himself by isolating all game long from beyond the three point line. Those step back threes only fall so often. I blame some of it on the coaching staff for not getting him the ball in other areas and letting him work from there. LeBron isolates quite a bit

as well, but look at the different areas of the floor he operates from. 

Anyways, Iggy isn't going to play game 7. Kerr said as much that they are operating as if he's a no go and I believe that to be the case.

CP3 on the other hand I expect to give it a go. Dude knows how close he is to reaching the finals for the first time in his career and doesn't want to let this opportunity slip. 

The rockets will play better in game 7. The home crowd will give them an edge. Every loss this post season, we have come ready to play the next game. We are the only team left that hasn't lost back to back games in the playoffs. We have been able to keep them from the 3rd quarter blitz at home as well. i think they are +8 in the 3rd quarter in Houston. Thats less than 3 a game. Also, I dont see us basically giving up and playing for game 7 when stuff goes bad like we did in game 6. Joe Johnson wont be coming in and going   -14 in the final minutes. We will be jack up and ready to go.

But the warriors just have too much talent and shooting. without CP3, we cant play 48 minutes of HOF ball handling. I am going to call Warriors 105 Rockets 98 final. Harden will get the blame regardless of his stat line. If the rockets somehow win, Iggy will get the blame. It is what it is.

at least the NBA got its money from this series. I know they set viewership records in the Houston Market and I think in the Warriors market too. 

Harden will get his MVP, Rockets will unsuccessfully chase a 3rd star, and ultimately we probably end up seeing these two teams again in the conference finals next year

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

His disadvantage is he lost so much weight/strength when he changed his body, he is no longer the post up player he was in Minny. Love was really good in the regular season, but has been very inconsistent in the playoffs…. Like he is every postseason. Cavs go to Love on the block plenty, he just gets shut down by good defensive teams. If you put a guy who could get out on the perimeter on him like Green/Young/Horford, then dude is likely to be shut down. 

And @Pastor Dillon, no one will care that he loses to the Warriors three out of four years. That's fine. This is going to be the dominant team of their team so no worries there. However, I don't know why you keep fighting the notion of Harden having some of the most suspect moments a superstar has had in recent memory and how his play just dips overall in the playoffs. It is what it is, until he adjusts his game that will continue to be the case. He just puts so much pressure on himself by isolating all game long from beyond the three point line. Those step back threes only fall so often. I blame some of it on the coaching staff for not getting him the ball in other areas and letting him work from there. LeBron isolates quite a bit

as well, but look at the different areas of the floor he operates from. 

Anyways, Iggy isn't going to play game 7. Kerr said as much that they are operating as if he's a no go and I believe that to be the case.

CP3 on the other hand I expect to give it a go. Dude knows how close he is to reaching the finals for the first time in his career and doesn't want to let this opportunity slip. 

Any chance Kerr has McCaw start instead of Looney? I don't know if McCaw is 100%, but I think he'd be the best guy for defensive switches outside of Livingston, who is needed for the second unit.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Any chance Kerr has McCaw start instead of Looney? I don't know if McCaw is 100%, but I think he'd be the best guy for defensive switches outside of Livingston, who is needed for the second unit.

i dont see any reason Kerr  would change up and go with a guy who hasnt played in months

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i dont see any reason Kerr  would change up and go with a guy who hasnt played in months

Probably not, but sometimes a bold move is needed. If it doesn't work, he can sub McCaw out after the first few minutes. The Looney starting lineup hasn't been that effective when Paul plays. I'd want to make a change if Iggy can't play. It would be a ballsy move, but if McCaw is healthy, I think it would be an interesting call. Looney just doesn't do enough on offense and is better off the bench on defense. McCaw has more shooting ability, more athleticism running in transition, and can better handle the switches. And, unfortunately, Looney hasn't rebounded that well on the offensive side of the ball, so they wouldn't lose a lot there imo.

Archived