WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

26 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm surprised more people didn't talk about Green starting to help Harden up after a foul and then throwing his hands away when Harden started to get up.

What are you talking about, dude?

Draymond tried to help him up. Harden refused to accept it.

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I thought I'd post something I found rather "interesting": 

I find it funny how all these no-calls came during the Warriors' "run" and the Rockets suddenly couldn't make a shot to save their life after being up by 12 when this happened.

The refs got paid by $ilver and/or Kerr.

So a Warrior fan couldn't go back and compile plenty of bad calls and no-calls? You did notice that Klay got hit with three quick fouls in the first quarter, right? It's a little odd that the refs would do that if they were rigging the game.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm surprised more people didn't talk about Green starting to help Harden up after a foul and then throwing his hands away when Harden started to get up.

Nope, the video clearly shows he wasn't trying all that hard to get up when Green was helping him up. 

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

27 straight missed 3s... that is very impressive when you really think about that. We will probably never see a group collectively fail that bad ever again

I read that Harden has a better chance of getting struck by lightning than a NBA team has of missing 27 consecutive threes lmao. 

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

So a Warrior fan couldn't go back and compile plenty of bad calls and no-calls? You did notice that Klay got hit with three quick fouls in the first quarter, right? It's a little odd that the refs would do that if they were rigging the game.

And they literally only called 4 red fouls on the warriors the rest of the half, not counting the hack a Capela. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, the video clearly shows he wasn't trying all that hard to get up when Green was helping him up. 

I read that Harden has a better chance of getting struck by lightning than a NBA team has of missing 27 consecutive threes lmao. 

To be fair, harden made one in the middle of that streak but somehow the refs ruled it was a pass 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

To be fair, harden made one in the middle of that streak but somehow the refs ruled it was a pass 

If your talking about the "swing" rule, that was called correctly, and as biased as the announcers sounded saying that that's a shot, they're wrong. You can't just swing your arms through a defenders arms when they're already there and pretend you wanted to shoot that all along. Durant made that move famous quite a few years ago. It doesn't work anymore. 

Also, I think most of Harden's three point attempts that he missed he was hoping to draw a foul call.  He falls down  or flails nearly everytime his three point shot is contested. He is so dependent on the refs blowing the whistle that he ends up forcing bad shots that don't called a foul in the post season.  How do Rocket fans feel about this? I mean seriously... how many times did you see Harden this series throw up a ridiculous three point attempt and not even hit rim? Clearly, he was waiting for a whistle... 

Post season basketball is more physical, which is why Lebron will always have an upper hand (and why the Cavs won't get swept). Harden needs to learn to have better shot selection in the post season and not count on the refs to bail him out if he ever wants to lead his team to the finals.

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

If your talking about the "swing" rule, that was called correctly, and as biased as the announcers sounded saying that that's a shot, they're wrong. You can't just swing your arms through a defenders arms when they're already there and pretend you wanted to shoot that all along. Durant made that move famous quite a few years ago. It doesn't work anymore. 

Also, I think most of Harden's three point attempts that he missed he was hoping to draw a foul call.  He falls down  or flails nearly everytime his three point shot is contested. He is so dependent on the refs blowing the whistle that he ends up forcing bad shots that don't called a foul in the post season.  How do Rocket fans feel about this? I mean seriously... how many times did you see Harden this series throw up a ridiculous three point attempt and not even hit rim? Clearly, he was waiting for a whistle... 

Post season basketball is more physical, which is why Lebron will always have an upper hand (and why the Cavs won't get swept). Harden needs to learn to have better shot selection in the post season and not count on the refs to bail him out if he ever wants to lead his team to the finals.

we was absolutely trying to draw a foul, and he was absolutely fouled. The 3 pointer he made wasnt even a swing through. He was fouled after he jumped in the air. Just because a player is trying to draw a foul, doesnt mean hitting them on the forearm is suddenly not a foul. Its impossible to say that it would have changed the final results, but it definitely impacted the game. I'll stop short of calling it intentional, but the warriors were sliding under Hardens feet when he was shooting those 3s. On one occasion he was lucky not to roll an ankle as he came down on the side of a guys shoe. That is clearly against the rules and a safety violation. To be fair, they missed a big one on Durant as well. the warriors also make a living off some football style blocks when someone is trying to close out on a 3 point shooter. 

its not a matter of wanting the ref to bail you out. There are times that Harden drives and gets his shot blocked, thats fine. Then there are times where two or three possessions straight he drives and gets whacked without a call, so he starts settling for shots. 

Harden is really crafty when it comes to drawing fouls. Its part of what makes playing D on him so tough, if you get too aggressive he will pull up a shot in a hurry. Plus he often dribbles with his right hand and shoots with his left, and guys naturally gets their hands on players free hands. It helps draw the fouls. I think that NBA refs dont like the narrative that Harden is baiting them into calls and so they get reluctant to call them. 

But the answer to how Rockets fans feel about Harden is simple. we love him. Maybe we cant win a title with him as our best player. Weve come a lot closer than teams lead by John Wall, Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Giannis, Jimmy Butler, and many other big name players. Harden has almost single handily made us relevant since coming to Houston 6 years ago. He's going to be a Hall of Fame player. This list of current all stars that have won a ring is very very small. Lebron, love, Kyrie, Leonard and the Warriors 4 are the only guys I can think of in the current league that are still playing prime basketball. With Super teams, its hard to win one unless you are on one. Since Harden came to Houston, hes only had 1 season with a 2nd all star, which was 2014 Dwight Howard. This year he had CP3, but he missed so many games that he missed the all star game. With all that considered, 2 Conference Finals losses to one of the best teams ever is not something to freak out about. This year more than anything proved that our style of play can win a championship. We aren't very far behind the warriors at all. We have a 2-3 year window with Harden/CP3 before we retool around Hardens final 3 or 4 years. And we will be happy to live with the results. 

According to Marc Stein, CP3 already starting the LeBron recruiting. That was fast lol.

But I''m sure those two talk often so nothing crazy or anything. 

Rockets proved to have a championship caliber defense, but the offense could be better in the postseason. All comes down to how much easier they make it on Harden and make a few tweaks to the offense. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

According to Marc Stein, CP3 already starting the LeBron recruiting. That was fast lol.

But I''m sure those two talk often so nothing crazy or anything. 

Rockets proved to have a championship caliber defense, but the offense could be better in the postseason. All comes down to how much easier they make it on Harden and make a few tweaks to the offense. 

If I'm a team approached to be a 3rd team to take on Anderson for Houston, I'm asking for a pick 4 years down the road.  Houston won't be nearly as good and the pick will be much better.  And I'd want Zhou Qi.

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No one is going to take on Anderson's deal and wait four years to a return on that contact lol. 

And if Harden is a lifer the rest of the way in Houston, they will always be rock solid. 

4 years to a return? If we convince Lebron to come to Houston, and the Cavs want to do right by him. The only thing that can make it possible is a 3 team trade. Cavs would get Eric Gordon, a 3rd team would get Ryan Anderson and a 2019 1st round pick, and a 2021 1st if its going to make or break the deal. Lebron can opt into his deal, which is actually going to pay him more than his max contract would. Cavs get Gordon instead of losing Lebron for nothing. We could trade PJ Tucker and Nene instead of Gordon. 

If the cavs just want out of cap space issues, a trade like this would work....and keep in mind, this only works if Lebron tells the Cavs that he wants to go to the Rockets, and the Cavs say "Lebron we love everything you have done for us, so we are going to make it happen for you"

Rockets get Lebron James
Cavs get 2018 & 2019 2nd round picks
(3rd team) gets Ryan Anderson, 2019 1st and 2021 1st
(4th team) gets Eric Gordon or Tucker/Nene

both Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker are valuable enough to easily be shed for cap relief, might even be able to get some kind of asset for either one, 2nd round picks or a young player to throw at Cleveland. Rockets can also add some of our over seas stashed guys but they hold little value. 

It sounds like a terrible deal for the Cavs, but Lebron got them the ring, and they might want to do right by him, especially if he says hes leaving in the off season anyway. They would be sending lebron to the west, and honestly wont be good enough to compete until he retires anyway. They good take Gordon themselves and run a Hill/Gordon/Hood/Love/Thompson line up with the 8th pick and guys like Jr Smith and Kyle Korver off the bench. Might be able to compete for an 8th seed. 

Other than something like that, Lebron isnt coming to Houston. Under the Tucker/Nene and not Gordon trade, the rockets could easily put this line up out there next year

CP3/Harden/Ariza/Lebron/Capela with a bench of Gordon/Green/Johnson/Moute/Black and still have a 5 million MLE to sign a guy with. That team can beat the Warriors. a line up with CP3/Harden/Gordon/Ariza/Lebron would be unstoppable in the small ball. They wouldnt have the shooting issues of Iggy and Green, they would have 3 of the best play makers and iso players in the league and only Ariza is a catch and shoot type player. 

as unlikely as this is, its not impossible and its super scary for the league.....and it better win a ring because it would cost the rockets a TON  of money. 

21 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I thought I'd post something I found rather "interesting": 

I find it funny how all these no-calls came during the Warriors' "run" and the Rockets suddenly couldn't make a shot to save their life after being up by 12 when this happened.

The refs got paid by $ilver and/or Kerr.

Archived