Are the playoffs really out of the question?

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

It could happen, but it would take the perfect storm of our roster gelling together quickly, Tyrod picking up Haley's playbook fast, and the team staying relatively healthy.

I don't expect it.

However, I think that ranking us 31 is laughable, we have made a big jump.  But I get it, we are the Browns with nearly 2 decades of futility.  We could literally do a complete swap of roster and coaching staffs with the Patriots and still be ranked low because we are the Browns.  We will stay low on those rankings until we play our way up the ladder.

There you agreed with me on page 1 and now I'll agree with you on page 2. As I said before, could it happen? Sure, will it? Now that's another question all together. I think as @DizzyDean said next year watch out but this year my opinion is our ceiling is 9 games but that's unlikely with the schedule we got so 6 or 7 is more likely imo. 

Oops make that page 3 lol 

It really shouldn't be out of the question. We all know this is a league where teams can turn things around in one offseason. Frankly, we are the ONLY team who hasn't truly done so. 

What this all boils down to is whether the culture has changed or not. Will this be the "same old Browns," or, has the culture shock we so desperately need, commenced?

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We can be Buffalo from last year.

Re talent we should be as good (playoff team) or better than BUF.

It's all about the coaching at this point.

No more excuses for them.

The question being "could we" make the playoffs? Sure....there are surprise teams every year.  You see teams making huge leaps unexpectedly quite often.  I am not so sure that "we" will be the team that does so this year, but it is certainly not out of the question.

No just because of how brutal the schedule is. The only game that I feel like I can expect a win against is NY Jets week 3. If the Browns can get 6-7 wins with that schedule I will count the season as a success.

However, how in the hell do the Browns add. Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Demarious Randall and EJ Gaines and they only get moved up one spot to #31 still below teams like the Bills, Colts, Jets and Dolphins.

How can anybody who writes a column put the Miami Dolphins above the Cleveland Browns after all of the off season additions is beyond me.

Archived