USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Predraft process:
I was very satisfied with my predraft process. I kept 12 player that I felt had the chance to be good players this year and moving forward. I also had the plan to trade the assets that I couldn't keep, and for the most part I was able to accomplish that by trading both Mayfield and Cooks. I also went into the draft hoping to get 1-2 difference makers, ideally at the RB position. Lastly, I decided before the draft that I would attempt to trade my 2021 mid round picks. I think there is a good chance that this season's college football season will be a disaster, so I had no trouble trading away my next year's 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up in both the 1st and 4th round this year. 

Draft process:
Looking at my 2020 keepers, I knew that an incoming WR would struggle to be a top 4-5 WR, so I had a tough time justifying the selection of a WR in the 1st round. I also had Kamara and Aaron Jones on the last year of their rookie deals, with both Ingram and Damien Williams having the potential to get lesser roles. So I made the decision early to target RBs and I felt that I would have to get a top 6 pick to ensure getting one of the top 5 rookie RBs. The draft fell pretty much like I expected in the first round, and I got Cam Akers who I really like. The second round did not fall like I suspected. I thought there was about a 90% chance that I'd be able to get a 2nd tier WR at 2.3, and unfortunately against all odds that did not happen. I was forced to decide between my third tier of rookie WRs, Burrow, and Ronald Jones. I ended up getting Ronald Jones immediately before the signing of Lesean McCoy. It was a frustrating signing, but i still think that Ronald Jones has tons of potential and is still the most likely TB back to have fantasy relevance this season. I was able to trade away next year's 3rd for Damien Harris, who is a guy who I liked a lot last year that never got his shot with the Patriots. I still have no faith that Michel will stay healthy, so for a 4th rounder, I think that he is a good guy to be sitting on my bench. Lastly, I got Minshew to be a back-up QB, who I really like. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is a top 10 fantasy QB this season. I think that he is unlikely to be a keeper next year because he is in just about an impossible situation, but he's not a guy that I'm going to bet against. 

QB: Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew (5th)
RB: Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, Damien Williams, Cam Akers (1st), Ronald Jones (2nd), Damien Harris (4th)
WR: Michael Thomas, Tyreke Hill, Julio Jones, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson
TE: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert
K: Matt Gay (5th)
DEF: KC (6th)

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Predraft process:
I was very satisfied with my predraft process. I kept 12 player that I felt had the chance to be good players this year and moving forward. I also had the plan to trade the assets that I couldn't keep, and for the most part I was able to accomplish that by trading both Mayfield and Cooks. I also went into the draft hoping to get 1-2 difference makers, ideally at the RB position. Lastly, I decided before the draft that I would attempt to trade my 2021 mid round picks. I think there is a good chance that this season's college football season will be a disaster, so I had no trouble trading away my next year's 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up in both the 1st and 4th round this year. 

Draft process:
Looking at my 2020 keepers, I knew that an incoming WR would struggle to be a top 4-5 WR, so I had a tough time justifying the selection of a WR in the 1st round. I also had Kamara and Aaron Jones on the last year of their rookie deals, with both Ingram and Damien Williams having the potential to get lesser roles. So I made the decision early to target RBs and I felt that I would have to get a top 6 pick to ensure getting one of the top 5 rookie RBs. The draft fell pretty much like I expected in the first round, and I got Cam Akers who I really like. The second round did not fall like I suspected. I thought there was about a 90% chance that I'd be able to get a 2nd tier WR at 2.3, and unfortunately against all odds that did not happen. I was forced to decide between my third tier of rookie WRs, Burrow, and Ronald Jones. I ended up getting Ronald Jones immediately before the signing of Lesean McCoy. It was a frustrating signing, but i still think that Ronald Jones has tons of potential and is still the most likely TB back to have fantasy relevance this season. I was able to trade away next year's 3rd for Damien Harris, who is a guy who I liked a lot last year that never got his shot with the Patriots. I still have no faith that Michel will stay healthy, so for a 4th rounder, I think that he is a good guy to be sitting on my bench. Lastly, I got Minshew to be a back-up QB, who I really like. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is a top 10 fantasy QB this season. I think that he is unlikely to be a keeper next year because he is in just about an impossible situation, but he's not a guy that I'm going to bet against. 

QB: Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew (5th)
RB: Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, Damien Williams, Cam Akers (1st), Ronald Jones (2nd), Damien Harris (4th)
WR: Michael Thomas, Tyreke Hill, Julio Jones, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson
TE: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert
K: Matt Gay (5th)
DEF: KC (6th)

Very good draft and draft planning and process @sammymvpknight!

11 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I can see them getting to 6-8 wins bc of that pass rush.

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did Guice really matter that much?

Just about every power ranking has them bottom 3...often fighting it out with the Jags, Panthers, Bengals, and Jets in the bottom 5. Guice wasnt that important...but it’s definitely cumulative. They’re dysfunctional and I can find reasons those other teams will do better this year. 

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Just about every power ranking has them bottom 3...often fighting it out with the Jags, Panthers, Bengals, and Jets in the bottom 5. Guice wasnt that important...but it’s definitely cumulative. They’re dysfunctional and I can find reasons those other teams will do better this year. 

Snyder is, Rivera isn’t. If it weren’t for him I would agree with you.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Are the Panthers that bad? I get what you’re saying they picked 2nd last year and are still dysfunctional but Guice never made them any good(played in what 5 games?) so losing him is almost a nothing thing

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are the Panthers that bad? I get what you’re saying they picked 2nd last year and are still dysfunctional but Guice never made them any good(played in what 5 games?) so losing him is almost a nothing thing

If you look at the power rankings...the Redskins, Panthers, and Jaguars are almost universally in the bottom 5.

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Guys...I've added your draft picks to your rosters. The undrafted players have been placed on Waivers. The waiver priority has been updated. The players will be on waivers until Monday. 

Good job everyone and thanks for allowing everything to move smoothly. 

Thanks for taking over Sammy!

• Like 1