Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The Australian government is being ridiculous. There's just no common sense anymore. They led him to believe he would be let in and now want to kick him out. Ridiculous.

The state government did, even though it was against federal regulations. Djokovic also lied on his visa application, so he should be kicked out even if he did have permission from the federal government initially.

Djokovic and the tournament/local government essentially tried to sneak him into the country. They got caught.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

AO starts in less then 24s and still don’t know what’s gonna happen with Djokovic 

We'll know soon. The judges said they would go quickly and asked the lawyers to go quickly given the circumstances.

Djokovic's lawyers with are done with arguments and the government's lawyers should be done soon.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The state government did, even though it was against federal regulations. Djokovic also lied on his visa application, so he should be kicked out even if he did have permission from the federal government initially.

Djokovic and the tournament/local government essentially tried to sneak him into the country. They got caught.

That I didn't know. Either way, that's not why his visa was cancelled. It's because of 'public order' and whatnot.

I'm sure the Australian Open colluded with Djokovic & the local government to sneak him in.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

That I didn't know. Either way, that's not why his visa was cancelled. It's because of 'public order' and whatnot.

I'm sure the Australian Open colluded with Djokovic & the local government to sneak him in.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

You don't think it's plausible that them and Djokovic came to this agreement? For the local government to say "Get a positive COVID-19 result and we'll take care of the rest"? He applied for the exemption a week after the due date. The link to his test results would show "positive" or "negative" at random.

It probably would have worked if Djokovic didn't have pictures on his IG.

I do agree and I'm just as confused why they didn't cancel it for the both the exemption application being after the due date and for him lying on his visa. Like...that seems pretty open and shut.

Now that Djokovic is officially done, out of the country and everything, let's actually discuss the tournament. 

Medvedev has to be the favorite, but Zverev right behind him. He finished the year so well.

Of course I want Nadal to win. I'd love for him to pass Djokovic (and Federer) and go into the French Open with a huge confidence boost, potentially going up by 2 Slams over those 2.

Edited by seminoles1

16 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The Australian government is being ridiculous. There's just no common sense anymore. They led him to believe he would be let in and now want to kick him out. Ridiculous.

Who is they? It's not the government. And even if what Tennis Australia said was true, he tested postive after the deadline for getting an exemption and he lied on the form