Fallout 76

Danger

Just now, Heimdallr said:

- No NPCs

- Cannot play singleplayer. Always online, always other players

- They are still balancing ways to let people choose or ignore PVP, but it doesn't sound like it will be optional

- VATS is in real-time but still there to assist with targeting

- Content will be added constantly

How can you ignore PvP if there are no NPCs lmao. The only thing you can do is kill AI guys, for what?

Just now, Danger said:

Yeah, this is looking less and less appealing from what I'm hearing honestly.

For me it's good to know now. I'll still enjoy it, it's just not a title Fallout game. That's fine. We will have Fallout 5 for that

TES:O and FO76 are meant to bridge the gap and create cashflow while they wait for the next iteration of consoles to come out so they can make TES6 and FO5 the way they really want to. Todd said the technology isn't quite here yet to really make TES6.

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

TES:O and FO76 are meant to bridge the gap and create cashflow while they wait for the next iteration of consoles to come out so they can make TES6 and FO5 the way they really want to. Todd said the technology isn't quite here yet to really make TES6.

It will be once next gen has stabilized. No console/games for said console is/are ever optimized at start of the gen.

Edited by Danger

Just now, Danger said:

It will be once next gen has stabilized. No console/games for said console is/are ever optimized at start of the gen.

Well I think we are past the point of true "generations" of consoles. We will just have continuing iterations (Xbox One -> Xbox One S -> Xbox One X, etc).

My question is how they are going to balance everything. If the only other characters (other than monsters/ghouls) are other players, and you are expected to fight them off all the time, how does a new player compete with a level 50+ guy with Power Armor and legendary weapons? How does a solo player avoid getting destroyed by high level parties?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

How does one do "quests" if there aren't NPCs? 

I'm actually pretty disappointed about what I'm hearing at this point.

You can get "quests" from terminals, robots, finding objects, etc. 

I don't know what the quests could be other than "go here" or "kill this"