Fallout 76

Danger

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:
6 hours ago, animaltested said:

I really hope there is a off-line mode. I really dont want my progress impeded by whales, trolls, twitch-wannabes and screeching tweens. Thats the problem with online concepts, they are amazing in theory, but are immediately ruined by the community. If there isnt a singleplayer aspect, ill skip this.

No offline mode

Todd Howard said in his interview the day after the presser that you will be able to have your own world post launch, but it won't be ready at launch, same with mods

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Anyone who hasn't seen the NoClip documentary needs to see it. This thing is gonna be great

Damnit I forgot to watch this last night. How long is it? I'm at work so youtube is blocked

edit: nvm just checked on my phone, 40 mins... guess I won't be watching that over lunch

Edited by JBURGE25

4 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:
4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

meh, FO3 for me

Me too (wish is was playable on PC, but oh well), but the point is I don't see why NV wouldn't count :P

I mean if they let another studio do another Fallout then great.

My point is is that Bethesda released Fallout 2 in 1998, 3 in 2007, and 4 in 2015. Based on trends we wouldn't expect another Fallout game from Bethesda until 2022 at the earliest. So while this one may not appeal to everyone, at least it isn't 2022 and they're releasing this instead of a regular single player Fallout. 

6 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Yes, and most people consider New Vegas to be the best of the three, so anyone trying to say it doesn't count is being silly :)

Not at all. Obsidian was given the opportunity to work with the IP and it didn't really go well for them as a developer. The sales were there but friction between the two made the entire process sort of a mistake.

He was referring to true entries in the series which unfortunately New Vegas was not.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

^False.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2

developer: Black Isle Studios

We will see a new Fallout game from Bethesda game in 2025 at the earliest. 3 years after the earliest we could see Elder Scrolls VI. 

This is about correct. It won't be long before everyone is clambering for more Fallout.

Most people who are complaining now will eventually find themselves at least trying this due to the lack of alternatives. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

My point is is that Bethesda released Fallout 2 in 1998

^False.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2

developer: Black Isle Studios

We will see a new Fallout game from Bethesda game in 2025 at the earliest. 3 years after the earliest we could see Elder Scrolls VI. 

excuse me then, released fallout 1 in 1997

3 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

You're actually not wrong. Just misinformed.

Black Isle created Fallout but sold it to Bethesda. Your Bethesda timeline isn't off. 

I just watched the noclip doc on 76 and realized that oops. But anyways yeah my original point stands 

6 hours ago, Tyty said:

So wait, no npc’s? Only other players? That’d be a bummer. Even with FO4’s halfassed dialogue options it’s still one of my favorite parts of video games. 

Just think of it as an opportunity for Tank Bawse to get out there and shed some pounds.

• Like 2