Fallout 76

Danger

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I may still get the game but

#NotMyFallout

I like how 6 months ago they made a big deal about trying to save single player games and then the next game they release is a purely online, PVP game in a historical single player franchise. xD

I predict this will be their best-selling game ever, and will make them more money than anything else. Online/PVP is where the real money is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

He's on right now.  Confirmed it was all online. No NPCs. 

41 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

- No NPCs

- Cannot play singleplayer. Always online, always other players

- They are still balancing ways to let people choose or ignore PVP, but it doesn't sound like it will be optional

- VATS is in real-time but still there to assist with targeting

- Content will be added constantly

- Mods will be in the game (including having your own modded world) , not at launch though

This sounds like a worse version of ESO.... Sure Fallout survival multiplayer is cool but this doesn't sound finished at ALL. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I like how 6 months ago they made a big deal about trying to save single player games and then the next game they release is a purely online, PVP game in a historical single player franchise. xD

I predict this will be their best-selling game ever, and will make them more money than anything else. Online/PVP is where the real money is.

It'll sell well because of who the developer is and what the game is labeled as.

Looks like I'll be relying on Metro Exodus for my post apocalyptic fix over the course of the next handful of years.

55 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:
56 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

For me it's good to know now. I'll still enjoy it, it's just not a title Fallout game. That's fine. We will have Fallout 5 for that

Yes it is.

People said the same things about ESO. And that turned out marvelous. 

That's not what I meant. It's not a classic Fallout experience. It's not Fallout 5. I have little doubt that this will be a fantastic game and I will be pre-ordering it for sure

• Like 1

I think people are getting too hung up on the "Fallout" title and trying to fit the game into their preconceived expectations. All the complaints everyone has are that this isn't a standard Bethesda RPG, but that is not what this game is, and not what Bethesda wanted it to be. It's like if EA released a Battle Royale game using NFL players as characters, and then complaining that it isn't a sports game. 

If you want a singleplayer game, go play a singleplayer game. Nothing wrong with that. This game is just aimed at a different audience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I think people are getting too hung up on the "Fallout" title and trying to fit the game into their preconceived expectations. All the complaints everyone has are that this isn't a standard Bethesda RPG, but that is not what this game is, and not what Bethesda wanted it to be. It's like if EA released a Battle Royale game using NFL players as characters, and then complaining that it isn't a sports game. 

If you want a singleplayer game, go play a singleplayer game. Nothing wrong with that. This game is just aimed at a different audience. 

The big disappointment is that we are going to have to wait a minimum of 5 years more likely 6 between traditional Bethesda single player RPG titles, and the last one was a meh Fallout 4. You know Bethesda, the company that started the campaign of #SavePlayer1.