NFL Best Players over 35

Hunter2_1

Just now, showtime said:

That's supposed to mean something?

Nobody knows how PFF does their metrics. 

I will say this. Peters was arguably the best LT in the league last season before he got hurt.

45 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's supposed to mean something?

Considering this is PFF's Top 10 list, yes.

Joking aside, availability is a very underrated trait. When both are healthy and on the field, Jason Peters is the better OT no question.  But seeing as how Whit is consistently on the field and Peters isn't, Whit has an argument to be placed higher...

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

PFF said they expect a fall-off soon from Whitworth, but not Peters.

PFF also said just last year that Wentz wasn't even worthy of making their "foundation draft" either while listing 15 others QB's - 2 of which hadn't even played a snap in the NFL. Would agree with that?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-pff-foundation-draft-who-would-you-choose-to-start-a-franchise

edit: Point is, consider the source before you believe anything.

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Joking aside, availability is a very underrated trait. When both are healthy and on the field, Jason Peters is the better OT no question.  But seeing as how Whit is consistently on the field and Peters isn't, Whit has an argument to be placed higher...

Agreed with both points. Peters and Whitworth have both been phenomenal but Whitworth has done more with less and has done it a higher rate of consistency with all thins considered.  

It don't matter how talented a player is if they're not on the field.  

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

This past season was the only season in Peter's 10 here that he's missed more than 2 games (in which the Eagles were trying to win)

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

PFF also said just last year that Wentz wasn't even worthy of making their "foundation draft" either while listing 15 others QB's - 2 of which hadn't even played a snap in the NFL. Would agree with that?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-pff-foundation-draft-who-would-you-choose-to-start-a-franchise

edit: Point is, consider the source before you believe anything.

He's still down as third worst on adjusted completion %. Which, i believe, is taking away drops

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's still down as third worst on adjusted completion %. Which, i believe, is taking away drops

That's in part because he was the most aggressive QB in the league (as a full time starter). Taking the most shots at closely guarded receivers.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:59 PM, Danger said:

PFF is and always has been god awful at assessing OLine play (among other things).

I still remember years back when they had Willie Colon rated as a top 3 OT, despite the fact he was playing mediocre at best.  

Im not trying to argue who was better between Whitworth and Peters since I didnt see enough of each to compare them head on, but I would trust the assessment of several posters on here over anything PFF has to say on the matter.

Archived