Sign in to follow this  
StLunatic88

2018 LB Corps

Seems like the LBs will be a hot topic as we go into the season, so might as well give them their own thread, and might as well start here;

This was brought up by some around here, but there have been whispers for awhile that the coaches really like Littleton. And now he is running the defense, so its pretty clear he is going to be one of those starters this year. I like his versatility, and he plays pretty smart from what we have seen.

I wonder if he is really ready for this, or if he is just the best option we have?

Posted (edited)

Littleton definitely seems like he will start. I wonder if Barron will start or if someone else will instead 

I've also been impressed with the kid from Smu, Lawler. He's been running with the ones as well. Will be interesting to see if that sticks all through camp as well.

Edited by Car_Ramrod
Spelling

I still believe we will bring in a vet before or during camp.  Too much has been invested in this defense over the offseason to just let Littleton, Ebukam, Lawler, Kiser, Oko, and other late round/UDFA's be the basis of our LB core. I'm all for diamonds in the rough and believe our coaching staff is phenomenal, but wayyyy too much responsibility on first/second year guys for my liking.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I still believe we will bring in a vet before or during camp.  Too much has been invested in this defense over the offseason to just let Littleton, Ebukam, Lawler, Kiser, Oko, and other late round/UDFA's be the basis of our LB core. I'm all for diamonds in the rough and believe our coaching staff is phenomenal, but wayyyy too much responsibility on first/second year guys for my liking.

We do have the vet; Mark Barron

And we might bring in another guy, but Im not sure you are considering how Wade puts together his LB Corps. Plus we showed about no interest in Kendricks

Top is Cory Littleton. Can anyone guess who's on the bottom?

mllLY5d.png

4 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Top is Cory Littleton. Can anyone guess who's on the bottom?

mllLY5d.png

Danny Trevathan

18 hours ago, LARams91 said:

Danny Trevathan

Yep. Lets just act like Wade Phillips has this in mind.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, chris00cm said:

Yep. Lets just act like Wade Phillips has this in mind.

If he can be like Trevathan I’d be stoked. New/unknown ILB seem to always do well in Wades system. Will be interesting to see how he develops.